Milton Keynes Show May 8th

Started by NARSES2, January 19, 2022, 06:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Condolences re the funeral Kit

Just planning on bring 2 models, but they will have propellers  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: kitbasher on May 01, 2022, 12:29:06 PM
That's a shame, Kit, please accept my condolences.

Martin - given your earlier post regarding table space, how many models per SIG attendee do you suggest?
Depending on how many of us attend, i doubt we will have room for more than 2 per member at best.
At worst, If very well attended possibley as low as 1 each...
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

EEK!  Thanks Martin, I will bring 4-6 and then we can decide on the day which of mine to display.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

Gents. only a few days to go till the first bun fight of the year  :thumbsup: the shows home page can be found Here

This link will take you to the club / SIG list. site plan at the bottom of the page.

And this link is the FAQ's for clubs and traders. You will note that Undertable sales are not permitted this year.

We get 3 wrist bands provided FOC. I will be taking one, the other two will go on a first come first served basis. Those who have my mobile number can call me on arrival, any of those attending who needs my number can PM me.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS : - I found a nicely packaged box with 3 kits in it that haven't been on a trip for a while, so to save me packing another box I'll bring that and choose a kit on the day. A nice PZL 42, a B&V 247 and a Hurricane Mk Ib (Airfix Mk I with the twin 20mm gun pods by Freightdog)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2022, 05:36:13 AM
and a Hurricane Mk Ib (Airfix Mk I with the twin 20mm gun pods by Freightdog)

That was close, very nearly packed mine away for MK!

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on May 06, 2022, 09:26:51 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2022, 05:36:13 AM
and a Hurricane Mk Ib (Airfix Mk I with the twin 20mm gun pods by Freightdog)

That was close, very nearly packed mine away for MK!

Well I can always get one of my other two options out.

Nick

I'm bringing a couple of boxes so I can support both the London table and the What-If table with a lean to the 144 side!

It's mainly for the Aussie Phantom which needs a big box so there's a few other kits in there too.

See you all tomorrow!  ;D

Leading Observer

Sorry to say I can't make it as I volunteered to help at Stotfold Mill Steam Fair and got rostered on for Ticket Gate duty all day Sunday :banghead: Have fun in MK :thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on May 07, 2022, 12:38:50 PM
Sorry to say I can't make it as I volunteered to help at Stotfold Mill Steam Fair and got rostered on for Ticket Gate duty all day Sunday :banghead: Have fun in MK :thumbsup:

You have fun at the fair donkey well sir  :thumbsup:

Howard of Effingham

Had to change my mind about going.

Have a good day guys.
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Good day at the Show and some neat additions to the stash  :thumbsup: Great to see people  :thumbsup:

Only slight downside was the poor lighting and the part of the journey home that involved the Tube, but then I'm a South Londoner and therefore not really used to it.

The Wooksta!

The lighting was the only thing that marred a good show.  Hopefully should be there next year too.  The curry house me and Rob went to the night beforehand did probably the best Madras I've ever had.

Another good thing is one of the more loud mouthed members of the club was a bit put out that our visit hadn't been mentioned at the last meeting, so I expect to get a mouthful.  Good.  I'm well up for an argument!

Edit: said member has spat the dummy out about the Scots Nationals.  Lolages!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit