Retro WWII Apache whopper chopper

Started by kerick, January 20, 2022, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Theres still a few Star Wars models out there but nothing which really grabs me and what happened to all the Star Wars models of old..i had a heap of them ..ATAT..ATST ..X wing and the Falcon and im sure the X Wing was 48th scale because it was a biggin but ive never seen one again and ive wanted another to really go to town on it..guess that wont happen ever now..oh well.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Flyer

I have a unopened 1/48 X-Wing kit in storage, not sure if I'll build it or not, if I do decide to part with it in the future I'll keep you in mind.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

kerick

I found a nice little Betty Grable type of pin up decal for a little nose art on the Hammerhead. If people leave me alone for a little while today it might get stuck on.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: Flyer on July 11, 2022, 03:32:25 AM
I have a unopened 1/48 X-Wing kit in storage, not sure if I'll build it or not, if I do decide to part with it in the future I'll keep you in mind.
Oh please do mate..please do  :thumbsup:

The Hammerhead just keeps getting better  ;D...its American so nose art is a must .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

That is beautifully done!  Stunning Whif!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

Thanks!
I've added the Betty Grable decal and some black walkways. I filled in the underside of the shark mouth with teeth cut from the second P-40 decal sheet. I need to add weapons and spray dullcoat yet. Pics to follow.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Here's Betty! Its the classic pose but it seems the swimsuit has fallen off.

Here's the shark teeth filled in. Looking at it in person you can barely see the irregularities.

The white spot is paint scrapped away so I can glue on another new cable cutter.
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Well theres Betty shaking her thang for all the boys and shes looking the part mate  ;D
It is amazing how the simple act of putting shark teeth on something can make a real difference and its worked here nicely  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on July 12, 2022, 09:43:37 PM

Here's Betty! Its the classic pose but it seems the swimsuit has fallen off.

I didn't know she ever OWNED one!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Just for your edification, Kit:

And "the Classic";

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I think I prefer the more 'basic' version.  ;D

But that last pic is a ZINGER!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Gotta love Betty! The story I read was the "classic " photo was taken because she was sporting a baby bump at the time.
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Don't know who she's annoyed with in the 4th one down, but it would be fun making up  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

OMG! I've finished another model!!! Something crazy going on here.........

The Hammerhead is off the desk and on the shelf. I think even my wife was impressed with it.
Here's the nose close up ready to spit fire and lead!

Not a face to meet in a dark alley!

Four .50 cals, two 20mm and two three round rocket launchers plus extra gas.

The .50 cal barrels I think are from an old B-26 kit and the 20mm barrels are .50 cal barrels from the old 1/35th Tamiya Infantry Weapons Set. The rocket launchers are scratch made from rod with Scotch tape strips wrapped around the tubes.
The RAF version will be coming up soon. I have to gather my courage and get out the airbrush. I used to be good with it but I got frustrated with the one I had spiting globs of paint onto my models. Possibly not thinned enough. We'll see.
Tophe the Wise