Retro WWII Apache whopper chopper

Started by kerick, January 20, 2022, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: kerick on July 14, 2022, 08:42:56 PM
The Hammerhead is off the desk and on the shelf. I think even my wife was impressed with it.
Here's the nose close up ready to spit fire and lead!
I like this model! :thumbsup: (even if I dislike fire and lead, personally, sorry) :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

Maybe a civilianized version for the Forest Service spotting forest fires.

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

I've been working on an updated version AH-1 "Whiskey" Cobra for the US Forest Service. I have the decals for it but the first paint job failed and I want to make the bulged side windows for it. Maybe I'll get back to it soon if I finish a couple other things.

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=46746.msg850809#msg850809
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Told ya it was going to look surpurb dude and not blowing my own horn here but i was right  ;D
The job is done and a very well done job it was .. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Awesome piece of kit! And the load-out is perfect! :bow: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

Thanks for the kind comments my friends!
BTW, there will be a shark mouth on the RAF Makko soon!
Tophe the Wise

kerick

I can't believe its been this long since I updated this. A little trouble with Flickr decide it wouldn't let me upload any more pics unless I paid a monthly fee. Luckily I had started an account for my wife she never used so its picking up the load for now. Anyway, here's a photo dump of the nearly completed Mako.

IMG_E5574 - Copy (2)

IMG_E5575 - Copy

IMG_E5576 - Copy

IMG_E5577

Time for some clear flat.
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Dude I'd nearly forgotten about this  :lol:
It's looking brilliant mate ..the end result I gonna look epic  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Dude I'd nearly forgotten about this  :lol:
It's looking brilliant mate ..the end result I gonna look epic  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

OK that is super weird..I hit post once and it appears twice . :o

PR19_Kit

It's a free bonus post for November, don't knock it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit