Retro WWII Apache whopper chopper

Started by kerick, January 20, 2022, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Thanks!
Now, the model(s)... ;) (helicopters I mean)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Msg to self...dont get anymore Tophe ideas into your head..you've already got a B17 mash up in mind ...ya dont need more  ;D
Kerick if the paint job on the rest of this build is going to look as good as the rotors then is going to be very cool indeed and it will be interesting to see what you come up with.
Have you thought are still thinking of a weapons load out for this bird ? 
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Guns of course then rockets of the appropriate country. Don't worry about Tophe's ideas. I keep a few in the to do list all the time. His twin engine F-16 barks at me wanting attention occasionally.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Well of course guns..wouldnt expect there  not to be ..probably .50s or bigger ..bigger is good  ;D
Rockets would be a good choice and like ya said ..which country ..US 4.75in or UK jobbies with 60lb warheads.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Everyone should build at least one of Tophe's ideas while they are here.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Great idea!
The Tophe group build! It would have to be extra long for all the PSR.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Quote from: kerick on April 26, 2022, 06:33:57 AM
Great idea!
The Tophe group build! It would have to be extra long for all the PSR.
Thanks! But one happened already years ago (circa 2012?) with many twin-boomers: I was more than happy... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

The only problem ..ok at least 2 problems i could see with a Tophe Group build now are what design to build and how many more designs would Tophe come up with during that group build which are far cooler than the one you decided to build  ;D

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 26, 2022, 12:04:04 AM
Well of course guns..wouldnt expect there  not to be ..probably .50s or bigger ..bigger is good  ;D
Rockets would be a good choice and like ya said ..which country ..US 4.75in or UK jobbies with 60lb warheads.

It will be four .50 cal in the nose and two 20mm in the sponsons with the bazooka rockets on the wings on the US one. Four 20mm split between the sponsons and wings with three 60 lb rockets on each wing on the British version.
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Lovin it matey  ;D
Ya know i completely forgot about the bazooka tubes..either way your gonna have these birds being able to bugger up pretty much anything they shoot up.
The more we talking about this and that with these two beasts the more i cant wait to see them completed..its most annoying  :wacko:

kerick

Doing the best I can. I got some white primer on one and painted stripes on the rotors for the other.
I'm sure glad I built my paint booth! It's working well.
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Nice mate  ;D
Never used a paint booth but in a way i dont need one..i only spray water based and its doesn't smell and ive got a ton of air flow and ive never had a air brush good enough to spray anything but acrylic paint ..i tryed lacquer once and the thinners buggered every O ring in the brush ..of course i had a brush i couldnt get O rings for  :lol:

kerick

It's for the wife. She can smell thinner a mile away. She says it gives her a headache.
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Ita a thong for sure..my ex could smell the thinners when i was spraying in the garage..that was like 40 metres away from the house...me is no problem..ive basicly got no smell ..born that way  ;D

kerick

Here's a shot of the first rotors with a set of stripes, topside only.

Here's a shot of the second rotors with slightly different spacing, top and bottom sides. Managed to get some white satin primer on too.

I've also built a swash plate for each rotor with connecting rods to the rotor blades. Also one wing came off because it was glued to mostly filler. I'll make some spars from sprue and glue them into holes drilled in the fuselage. The Apache version needs the canopy fitted. Trying to decide if I'm going to cut the canopy open.
Tophe the Wise