Who's Starfighter Will This Be..?

Started by AeroplaneDriver, January 27, 2022, 10:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 28, 2022, 01:11:12 PM
On this RAF Starfighter theme, my first ever Whiff, dated Sept 1972 no less!

Is that additional fuel in the spine Kit? (understand the details might be a bit fuzzy after @50 years)!

As for the F-104, Argentinian or Israeli colors with a yellow triangle were always attractive.   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sandiego89 on January 28, 2022, 02:00:44 PM

Is that additional fuel in the spine Kit? (understand the details might be a bit fuzzy after @50 years)!

Could be, it's half a Lightning F6 over wing tank, with some greebles added on top. I think the original write-up said it was an avionics pack, like the later A-4s.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

perttime

Quote from: scooter on January 27, 2022, 10:46:30 AM
Bright red with Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte markings?
There have been a couple of red Starfighters in real life, but not a Red Baron scheme, I think.

zenrat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 27, 2022, 11:04:52 AM
did captain lockheed ever do a visual ?  or am I a step behind  Scooter ?  if so  :thumbsup:

The LP cover has three Starfighters mounted over a fireplace like flying ducks.  IIRC they are in std Luftwaffe scheme.  Iv'e always wanted to build a replica using halves of three different scale F104s.

RAAF Mirage came in colours other than grey and green.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Portugal? Some South American operators might add a bit of diversity, Brazil or Venezuela?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

KiwiZac

Quote from: perttime on January 28, 2022, 10:38:44 PM
Quote from: scooter on January 27, 2022, 10:46:30 AM
Bright red with Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte markings?
There have been a couple of red Starfighters in real life, but not a Red Baron scheme, I think.
Well, there was the Red Baron:
ESCI 1/72 "Red Baron" N104RB by Zac Yates, on Flickr
:wub: :wub: :wub:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

AeroplaneDriver

Major painting finished and ready for decal time.  As planned I went with RAAF with a fictional camo scheme for Vietnam deployment.  Not very clear in the pics because of the gloss coat and lighting but I did British Medium Sea Grey on the lower surfaces with NATO Green and US Light Green on top. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....