Strike Typhoon

Started by ysi_maniac, January 28, 2022, 04:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Quote from: McColm on January 30, 2022, 12:46:32 AM
Reminds me of something I began building kitbashing a Typhoon with a F-16 to create this.

I never did get around to finishing it but I might have another go at building it.

Your Delta F-16 looks great so far :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub: :wub: :wub:

BTW: Do I see instructions from a 4 engined airliner? Which one?
Will die without understanding this world.

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 30, 2022, 06:02:37 PM
Looks like a DC6 maniac
I was building my version of the North Star with the Heller DC-6B. I was calling the build the Southern Star. The engines came from the David J.Parkins Avro Lincoln conversion set. It might be in my long-term stash box otherwise it's another one to build from the 'I started but never got to finish it 'pile.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 30, 2022, 04:43:58 PM

The clue may be the Super Connie tail that's photo-bombing the delta F-16 over on the left?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 31, 2022, 01:11:51 AM
Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 30, 2022, 04:43:58 PM

The clue may be the Super Connie tail that's photo-bombing the delta F-16 over on the left?
Yes 'Connie Francis ' with Rolls-Royce Griffons .I  know it's underpowered but they fit.
This is the end result.

The middle tail fin was removed and a pair of turbojets from a Neptuite glued on the wings. Yes that's the Vietnam Neptune behind it.

Wardukw

Oh the connie was such a sleak looking plane and i love the conversion..the trubojets take care of the power problem   :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 31, 2022, 09:40:01 AM
Oh the connie was such a sleak looking plane and i love the conversion..the trubojets take care of the power problem   :thumbsup:
Thanks  ;)

Logan Hartke

Quote from: McColm on January 31, 2022, 04:55:12 AM

The middle tail fin was removed and a pair of turbojets from a Neptune glued on the wings.

To be honest, a twin tail Super Connie with British inlines looks a lot like a postwar British de Havilland Super Albatross. Very Nice.

Cheers,

Logan

McColm

Quote from: Logan Hartke on February 02, 2022, 07:13:37 AM
Quote from: McColm on January 31, 2022, 04:55:12 AM

The middle tail fin was removed and a pair of turbojets from a Neptune glued on the wings.

To be honest, a twin tail Super Connie with British inlines looks a lot like a postwar British de Havilland Super Albatross. Very Nice.

Cheers,

Logan
Thanks Logan. That's where I got my inspiration from. There was also a Bristol airliner with a similar shape but I can't think of it's name.