Reggianne Re 2020

Started by 63cpe, January 30, 2022, 12:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

While working on several other whif projects I was dumb enough to start another project. Seems to be an "easy project" converting a Regianne 2000 into a two seat attacker a la Douglas Devastator, Vought Vindicator, Northrop A-17/DB-8A and Fairey Battle:

IMG_20220130_151730790 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Fuselage is from an Nakajima C3N1. The canopy is totally useless as it's heavily yellowed.

Now for the OOOpsie moment...While assembling the fuselage I was also assembling the engine and prop...but forgot to put the front engine ring on before glueing the prop and it's small holding ring:

IMG_20220130_194641402 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Anyway, let's go sanding and do the final assembly of the engine and prop later.

Note to myself...I really really need to go paint the other projects and than move on to the next.

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

Wardukw

Quote from: 63cpe on January 30, 2022, 12:51:24 PM

Note to myself...I really really need to go paint the other projects and than move onto the next.

Same problem i think im gonna have ..seriously want to start working on this Spad i scored.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Now for the OOOpsie moment...While assembling the fuselage I was also assembling the engine and prop...but forgot to put the front engine ring on before glueing the prop and it's small holding ring:

Razor saw  the cowling in half across its diameter and then glue it back together around the engine?

Don't ask how this idea came to me...............  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

If the plastic is pliable you might could get away with only one cut and twist the cowl ring enough to get it in place ...
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

That's looking very good!  :thumbsup: Personally, I'd use my patented metal axis prop arrangement that avoids such inconvenience. ;) But I agree: with things as they are, at least one cut to the ring seems unevitable?  :-\

NARSES2

I like this, but then I've a soft spot for most things Italian  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Note to myself...I really really need to go paint the other projects and than move on to the next.

Never occurred to me, has it..?   :rolleyes:  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

63cpe

After taking care of some hurdles, i did finish this model in time for the ESM Show. So here some pictures of the finished model:

IMG_7642 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7645 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7646 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7639 (3) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Parts used are: 1/72 Supermodel Regianne 2002 engine, undercarriage, wings, tailplanes and vertical tail. Fuselage is a 1/72 AML Nakajima C3N1 and the canopy ts from an Messerschmidt Bf 110.

Hope you like it.

David aka 63CPE

Wardukw

Yup I like all types of kit bashing and this is a good one..you can't tell that this never existed..lovely stuff again bud  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

comrade harps

Looks convincing and attractive. :wub: it!
Whatever.

Dizzyfugu

That's looking so convincing and subtle, love it.  :wub:

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Very nice. The distinctive Reggiane fin and rudder make it instantly recognizable.  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on November 28, 2022, 05:05:13 AMVery nice. The distinctive Reggiane fin and rudder make it instantly recognizable.  :thumbsup:

Very much so  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.