My own TwinFire - No longer a hypothetical!

Started by Pepsi Concorde, February 04, 2022, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Pepsi Concorde on February 20, 2022, 01:53:16 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 20, 2022, 12:32:57 AM

What scale are we talking about ?
1/48th as thats what the Airfix kits I'm using are in.

Thought you were but wanted to double check. I've loads in 1/72, but can't help re 1/48 I'm afraid
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on February 21, 2022, 02:34:27 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 20, 2022, 04:28:23 AM
Yep. :thumbsup:

I have quite a bit of it, too. Yet, often, none of, or not enough of exactly what I need, so I go out & buy what I need. It then starts to multiply in the box. Eventually I'll have enough to stock a decent sized hobby store (I currently have more Tamiya paints than the nearest LHS). ;)

Given current supply issues here that might not be as much as some people think... :unsure:

Sticking with just Tamiya: 178 jars in 76 colours.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pepsi Concorde

Wardukw

Good on ya Pepsi...welcome to a whole new world  :thumbsup:
Guys whooped my butt with his Tamiya paint pile and hes correct to..he does have more paint than both of my fav LHS .
Ive got 96 pots total ..didnt check how many colours but there is a few matched ones but when it comes to Humbrol tho  ;D
278 tins with the only multi colours being 4 matt black..sliver and coal black.. :thumbsup:
37 mixed bottles from Ammo but that includes some washes too..yup i cheated  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Most of my paint is either Vallejo or Gunze acrylics.  I find Gunze acrylics as good as Tamiya except for semi gloss black but prefer Vallejo for aircraft and military models.
I also have a number of assorted enamels, a large proportion of which are Testors engine colours although I am finding some of them hard to come by.
I have nowhere near as many paints as Womby though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Gunze and Vellejo are hard to find here Fred..if not impossible now..Tamiya is everywhere and Humbrol is too.
Testors is out there but very few model shops stock it..i can get off a auction site here tho.
I do like spraying with Tamiya..its very easy to work with and covers nicely..im getting my better with Ammo and the amount of different stuff Ammo has is surpurb..washes..glazes..metallics..and paint sets coming out for everything..its a great selection.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Pepsi Concorde

My sheet styrene arrived a while ago and as soon as i can find myself those contraprops and maybe some photoetch parts i'll get started.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Pepsi Concorde

Well guys, it looks like I'm not going to be able to get these contraprops at a good price, so I'm going to gather everything else and then start

The Wooksta!

You could try getting hold of two Airfix Seafire FR47 kits, as they have both the 5 blade and 6 blade contraprops - the kit is basically the F22/24 kit with a new sprue for all the naval bits of the 47.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pepsi Concorde

No point, as shown earlier in the thread i already have kits for this

The Wooksta!

The point I'm making is you get the kits for the bits, and what's left can be built as Spitfire 22/24s, in OTL or whiff markings.  Or sell them on as bagged kits.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Having the right amount of bits is good but having a lot more parts is always better..plans have a habit of changing when your wiffing and so do mistakes or accidents.
Wooksta is right mate..getting them would not only give you exactly what you want but also two complete kits for whatever in the future..ive gone this many times in the past ..hell ive brought entire tanks just for their road wheels..remember this Pepsi mate ..they never go to waste  :thumbsup:

Pepsi Concorde

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 06, 2022, 11:11:57 AM
Having the right amount of bits is good but having a lot more parts is always better..plans have a habit of changing when your wiffing and so do mistakes or accidents.
Wooksta is right mate..getting them would not only give you exactly what you want but also two complete kits for whatever in the future..ive gone this many times in the past ..hell ive brought entire tanks just for their road wheels..remember this Pepsi mate ..they never go to waste  :thumbsup:
Perhaps... but since I wont need the props for a while I might aswell start without them.

Wardukw

Oh ive done that..money sometimes is the issue ..other times it was work..ya know..what ya could do is get only plane and see what looks better..contra or single..ya never know .