QANTAS Concorde II

Started by Firefox, February 10, 2022, 01:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefox

In an alternate reality, Concorde lives on and improved and rebuilt many times. The QANTAS operates a few Concorde II specialized for AU to US West Coast and Europe for those who could afford the exorbitant airfare. The Concorde II features uprated engines and horizontal tail to improve the AoA during take off and landing and shorten the required runway slightly. The lean burn high thrust booster rocket slung under its belly indicates that it is flying AU to US West Coast route. The multiuse booster rocket can only be lit up over water and pushes the top speed to Mach 2.8+

McColm

Great work, which kits did you use?

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Zero-Sen

KiwiZac

Oh, WOW!!! That's absolutely inspired! Stunning work!!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Firefox

Quote from: McColm on February 10, 2022, 02:09:05 PM
Great work, which kits did you use?

It's Revell 1/144. I guess it's the only 1/144 on the market. Very dated kit but still can make a beautiful one out of it. I like their panel lines, they are fine and deep, unlike so many modern kits, the panel line can hardly be seen after two coats of paint. Another 1/144 is from Airfix, but that one is a prototype Concorde, very different from the production one.

Tophe

Quote from: Firefox on February 10, 2022, 01:46:05 PM
The Concorde II features uprated engines and horizontal tail to improve the AoA during take off and landing and shorten the required runway slightly.
This horizontal extra tail is very whif very good! :thumbsup:

Wardukw

I agree with ya Firefox..your panel lines are very good for something that small but course the panel lines are over done on very small kits cause if they were to scale ya wouldn't see them at all which works great for you ..beautiful build mate  :thumbsup:  ;D

PS..Ive always wondered what the Concorde would look like with a T tail.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Devilfish

Dizzyfugu

Firefox

The horizontal tail is inspired by one of the many Boeing 2707 concept of the same era. It does look good on Concorde though.

Firefox

Quote from: Devilfish on February 10, 2022, 11:14:06 PM
I wish I could see it...... :unsure:

I use Postimg to host the images, not sure if it has region restriction though.

Tophe

zenrat

Nice work.  She looks good with the roo on the tail.

Personally I don't like your panel lines but its your model so you can do what you want and you've done it well.
:thumbsup:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..