QANTAS Concorde II

Started by Firefox, February 10, 2022, 01:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Firefox on February 10, 2022, 10:50:17 PM

It's Revell 1/144. I guess it's the only 1/144 on the market. Very dated kit but still can make a beautiful one out of it. I like their panel lines, they are fine and deep, unlike so many modern kits, the panel line can hardly be seen after two coats of paint. Another 1/144 is from Airfix, but that one is a prototype Concorde, very different from the production one.

Not so I'm afraid.

There are TWO Airfix 1/144 Concordes, their very early one is the one you mention of the prototype with a short tail and a metal visor for the cockpit, and later on they produced a totally different moulding of a production aircraft. That had the correct long tail and a transparent windscreen.

In recent years they re-popped the prototype kit (goodness knows why!) and they're just about to re-issue the later version as Alpha Foxtrot, the very last Concorde to fly, but at a RIDICULOUS price, to my mind anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

su27rules

Great work !!  I like color :thumbsup: :mellow: scheme.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

I like that Tophe..i would lower it down a little tho ..just below the top edge of the tail  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Here is the improved one, if I have understood:

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Concorde_s.jpg
Sorry the angle of my drawing is not good to show as well the Concorde II with low tail :-\

ysi_maniac

Love tailed delta Concorde. :wub: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Wardukw

You understood perfectly Tophe  ;D.
Thats exactly what i was talking about and it looks great..maybe Concorde should have looked like that from the get go .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on February 12, 2022, 12:08:20 PM
Sorry the angle of my drawing is not good to show as well the Concorde II with low tail :-\
I have tried anyway and it is confirmed: the new tail is not featured with such angle, sorry. :-\

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Concorde_u.jpg

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

KiwiZac

I've long thought a QANTAS Concorde would be cool but I never expected this! Very neat!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on October 13, 2023, 10:04:56 PMConcorde with canard foreplanes to shorten take offs & landings.

So basically a Tu 144?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 14, 2023, 05:50:28 AMSo basically a Tu 144?

But prettier..............

Even the Concorde B proposals didn't require a canard foreplane, the updated wing would have been all that was needed.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit