Where is Jack? April 15th.1912

Started by nönöbär, February 20, 2022, 03:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nönöbär

I run across this 3D model on Thingiverse and I had to print and build it: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5186936

Printed with the Anycubic Photon and and painted with Revel Aqua Color.

Scale? I don't know, but not too big :)

And the big question is: Where is Jack?
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

scooter

Quote from: nönöbär on February 20, 2022, 03:11:06 AM
And the big question is: Where is Jack?

On the fantail with Rose, holding on to dear life.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'm proud to say I have not seen that movie and have no plans to do so.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on February 22, 2022, 02:24:56 AM

Hear! Hear!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

I'll admit that I have seen it, I will admit to manful tears at the end of the movie - not for the annoyingly droll reunion of Jack and Rose, but for the 1500 souls lost that night (I also have manful tears when I was A Night To Remember (a much better telling of the story)), and was impressed (and shocked) with both the level of detail and authenticity Cameron did with set dressing - even going so far as to commission rugs and china from the *original* White Star contractors.

I will also admit that I have been fascinated with the Titanic's story since I was a wee lad.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 22, 2022, 05:22:31 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 22, 2022, 02:24:56 AM

Hear! Hear!

Yup one of the films I'm actually proud of not seeing as well. Sound of Music is another  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 22, 2022, 06:07:34 AM

Sound of Music is another  :angel:

ABSOLUTELY!  :thumbsup:

Having lived in a flat on the floor above 'Mr & Mrs Andrews and their little daughter Julie' for some months when I was around 6-7, I've heard enough of Julie Andrews singing to last me a lifetime already!!!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Come on guys, you can not help but chuckle at the bit in the film where the two nuns approach the Mother Superior and say " Mother Superior, we have sinned" as they hold up the distributer cap from the German Staff Car.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

zenrat

I managed to avoid watching Sound of Music until I was 52 years old which I consider good going.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on February 22, 2022, 01:56:07 PM
Come on guys, you can not help but chuckle at the bit in the film where the two nuns approach the Mother Superior and say " Mother Superior, we have sinned" as they hold up the distributer cap from the German Staff Car.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've never got passed the bit where the Mother Superior starts to sing, for some reason I burst into laughter. It was one of my mum's favourite films and therefore I was told to leave the room at that point and was banned from the room whenever it was on after that  :angel: One of my great nieces is appearing as the Mother Superior in a production of SOM in Sunderland at the moment. Luckily I was Up North a week ago  :angel: My great niece is excellent but I'd still be scared I'd just burst out  :-X

My mum's other favourite film was South Pacific which I can "deal" with if necessary.

Gondor

I was starting to wonder if this was like one of those "Where's Wally" drawings  :rolleyes:

Glad to say that I also have not seen the relevant movie but unfortunately with three sisters I could hardly fail to hear TSOM as they all loved it and played it on the portable record player  in their bedroom. In fact if the eldest of them accuses me of moving away from home as soon as I could I will use TSOM as an excuse to move out at the earliest opportunity.

Gondor.
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I was forced to watch the Sound of Music, under duress and decidedly hungover, some years back and I will confess that it's the only time I was actively willing that the Gestapo would win!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

I can proudly say i have never seen the sound of music or titanic even tho i alao have had a interest in the ships history and her two sisters.
Ive never seen grease or for that matter no other musical..where the hell does muisc come from when ppl are in the middle of nowhere???
I did make my dad laugh quite hard once when a add came on tv for the sound of music when she san the hills are alive with the sound and i said gun fire..dad loved that .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .