LF: 2x 1/48 Spitfire contraprops

Started by Pepsi Concorde, February 20, 2022, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepsi Concorde

Looking for a pair of 1/48 Spitfire/Seafire contraprops to use on my Twin Spitfire build, preferably without buying 2 entirely new kits, as aftermarket ones are proving hard to find.

kitnut617

Have you tried Barracuda Studios, I think that's where I got mine from.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Pepsi Concorde

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 21, 2022, 07:42:43 AM
Have you tried Barracuda Studios, I think that's where I got mine from.
I have, but they sell the spinners and blades seperately at around £5 per set, meaning it would be £20 for 2 contraprop units.

kitnut617

I don't remember the set I have being separate like that, it came with the enlarged under nose air intake (the one with the intake just behind the spinner) and a tear drop centerline drop tank and a couple of other bits, Maybe it wasn't a Barracuda set ---- hmm, I wonder what I got then  :-\  The packet it came in is long gone unfortunately --- sorry ---

Gondor

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 21, 2022, 09:42:14 AM
I don't remember the set I have being separate like that, it came with the enlarged under nose air intake (the one with the intake just behind the spinner) and a tear drop centerline drop tank and a couple of other bits, Maybe it wasn't a Barracuda set ---- hmm, I wonder what I got then  :-\  The packet it came in is long gone unfortunately --- sorry ---

Heritage Aviation perhaps?

This is a little search I did, no idea what is still available or not, sorry  :-\

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=1%2F48+Seafire&fkTYPENAME[]=%22Detail%20and%20Conversion%20sets%22&fkSCALENORMALISED[]=%221:00048%22#

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on February 21, 2022, 01:00:34 PM
Heritage Aviation no longer exists

Which does not mean that no one is selling something they bought when they were active  :rolleyes:

How do you think I was able to buy an Airfix Skyvan a few weeks ago?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Heritage Aviation became Kits for Cash. I'm not sure of it's status though. Most of HA stuff went to AlleyCat ----

But Heritage Aviation is a good thought Alistair, it might have been them.

Pepsi Concorde

Quote from: Gondor on February 21, 2022, 02:02:55 PM
Quote from: McColm on February 21, 2022, 01:00:34 PM
Heritage Aviation no longer exists

Which does not mean that no one is selling something they bought when they were active  :rolleyes:

How do you think I was able to buy an Airfix Skyvan a few weeks ago?

Gondor
Found the Scalemates page for the H.A. set but unfortunately cant find it for sale anywhere.

Lord_Voyager

Pepsi Concorde

Quote from: Lord_Voyager on February 23, 2022, 12:57:54 PM
Barracuda Studios?

https://barracudacals.com/products.php?cat=14
As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's a bit of a pricy option as they sell the spinners and blades seperately so would cost around 20 quid for 2 units.

Pepsi Concorde

Mossie

All I can offer is another option, no cheaper though.  Shapeways do a couple of spinner sets, one is a set from a restored Spit that had a Shackleton spinner if you wanted to go for a different look.  No blades though so you'll have to source them elsewhere, probably the Barracuda set.  Alternatively, you could get blades from other kits if you're not too fussy what they look like.  Getting the right camber for contra props is tricky though.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/HT4VV6PNQ/seafire-fr-47-contra-prop-spinner-1-48?optionId=63834346&li=marketplace

https://www.shapeways.com/product/CFFRES9WS/spitfire-prxix-ps890-contra-prop-spinner-1-48?optionId=63833840&li=marketplace

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.