Euro Model Expo, Lingen, DE, 26-27 March

Started by Hobbes, February 25, 2022, 04:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: 63cpe on March 25, 2022, 02:00:23 PM
All packed and saddled for the show..FFP2 masks ready, jabbed, QR coded, filled the tank, packed some cookies, tweezers, glue and zap...

Maybe Dizzyfugu and/or Gondor will visit the show? :mellow:

David aka 63cpe

No chance, I can't drive at the moment due to Cataracts and Germany is a little bit more that just down the road from Scotland.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

63cpe

Somehow i figured Gondor is living in Germany.  Hobbes and TomZ told me it was Scotland...silly me. Completely understood you can't visit..

David aka 63cpe

Pellson

Quote from: 63cpe on March 26, 2022, 04:50:41 AM
and some cash for models. Food and drinks are not essential.... :o

Anyway here some first impressions...

Amazing!!!  :o
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitbasher

Totally agree with the others, very good display - well done  :thumbsup:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Hobbes

I just got home in typical fashion. Germany: no problem, relaxed cruising at 160 km/h. Netherlands: as soon as you cross the border, the roads are jam-packed and progress is agonizingly slow.

I enjoyed the show, and getting together with Tom and David again after 2 years. There was a lot to see at the show, loads of impressive and interesting models on display. Not as many visitors as I'd hoped - things were downright quiet at times.

TomZ

Agree with Hobbes and 63cpe. Good to see each other again. Good to have show again after 2 years.
Could have been more visitors though. There were periods where it was very quiet.
But still, a good weekend!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on March 26, 2022, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: 63cpe on March 25, 2022, 02:00:23 PM
All packed and saddled for the show..FFP2 masks ready, jabbed, QR coded, filled the tank, packed some cookies, tweezers, glue and zap...

Maybe Dizzyfugu and/or Gondor will visit the show? :mellow:

David aka 63cpe

No chance, I can't drive at the moment due to Cataracts and Germany is a little bit more that just down the road from Scotland.

Gondor

Me neither. Too far away for just a day trip - I used to visit the show a couple of times when its site was closer to my home.  :-\
And I had other obligations that weekend, it would not have worked out this year, anyway.

Hobbes

A few more photos from various stands:

there was a SIG building giant-scale models of aircraft carrier parts. This is the island of the USS Enterprise, in something like 1/32:

Then a giant railway gun converted to a tracked chassis:

With accompanying Ratte carrying a Wurzburg Riese radar:

A catapult firing Ferrero Rocher sweets:

Mercedes Group C racer as a spacecraft:

2 vehicles in 1/700:

and modelling actuality:

Old Wombat

Whifs! ;D :thumbsup:

And the greatest meme to (so far) come out of the invasion of Ukraine! ;D ;D :bow: :bow:

I'm wondering if the Enterprise superstructure is in 1/35, as there are Phalanx systems available in that scale from Takom. :unsure:

Great pic's! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

And I thought the Enterprise in the Smithsonian was big!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Some really good whiffs there especially the Fly Be triple engined Otter.   :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on March 31, 2022, 10:13:23 AM

Some really good whiffs there especially the Fly Be triple engined Otter.   :thumbsup:

Does that make it a Trotter?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

63cpe

PR19_Kit

Some VERY classy models there.  :thumbsup:

Is that really a plastic kit of a pot noodle?  :-\

Regards
Kit