Walraaars! Be finished

Started by Robomog, March 04, 2022, 04:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

ysi_maniac

Love this kind of projects. :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Robomog

Well now maties, may have a a bit of a problem with the pictures, see,  as that scurvy dog Flickr has changed the code an is using a new code titled 'greed' it may prove a bit problematical in the future if ye sees what I mean. I'm looking to imgur now for my hosting, we will see what happens shortly.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I've made some good progress,  the aircraft has made its first pass through the paint shop. And is now in a respectable if not a bit predictable black.

20220418_213613 by Robomog, on Flickr

The engines are painted copper and will be weathered with a black wash to take some of the shine off it, the wood colour is way to bright and will be overpainted  in a darker hue. 

Debating whether to paint the planning surfaces a different colour either copper, aluminium or a dark red or just leaving it black.

I've started on the bomb delivery solution basically a wooden bomb cell containing two cannon balls which are dropped using a trap door.

20220418_213510 by Robomog, on Flickr

That's all for now me hearties, thankee fer lookin'

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

Old Wombat

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: Robomog on April 21, 2022, 07:21:47 AM
Debating whether to paint the planning surfaces a different colour either copper, aluminium or a dark red or just leaving it black.

Bronze, with a green/aqua wash. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Robomog

Ooh bronze,  forgot about that one thanks will seriously consider it  :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<

Robomog

Well now me hearties I be finished.

I was going to crew the aircraft but after dismembering a number of figures I have come to the conclusion that figurework is not my forte.  There are pirate figures on the market but I have decided to leave it crewless for now.

So without further ado, here's the finished article :-

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

All comments and criticisms gratefully accepted.

Thanks for looking............

Mog
>^-.-^<

zenrat

Oh that is wonderful.

Bravo!
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Robomog

Thanks guys much appreciated

Mog
>^-.-^<

PR19_Kit

Hehehehehehe, just about as 'off the wall' as you could with a Walrus! Wonderful.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

sandiego89

Wow, really great, love it! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

buzzbomb