Beardmore Aviation Ship

Started by Caveman, March 04, 2022, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

So I now own a resin printer - and I've been playing around with it learning what I can and cannot print. I am hopeful that this will be something that I can print.

Can you guess what it is yet?
secretprojects forum migrant

NARSES2

Paddle steamer Ironclad or gunboat ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

A train ferry? The well down the centre for a few train storage tracks........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Early aircraft carrier.  The aircraft take off down the middle between the superstructures.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on March 05, 2022, 02:37:04 AM
Early aircraft carrier.  The aircraft take off down the middle between the superstructures.

That was also one of my first thoughts. ;)

Which instantly reminded me that I have a Dreadnought to convert into an early RAN carrier & I began wondering if that is what the RAN might have gone with, a question I am still pondering, which is why I didn't mention it. :-X
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Caveman

Quote from: zenrat on March 05, 2022, 02:37:04 AM

:thumbsup:

https://wargamingmiscellanybackup.wordpress.com/2018/01/29/the-beardmore-aviation-ship/amp/

zenrat

The aircraft are going to be tiny.
Presumably they will be very early biplanes. Are you going to rig them  :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Caveman

Quote from: zenrat on March 05, 2022, 04:00:48 AM
The aircraft are going to be tiny.
Presumably they will be very early biplanes. Are you going to rig them  :wacko:

I'm modelling it at 1:700. I've not worked out how I'll do the aircraft yet.

frank2056

What printer did you get?

I recommend getting UVTools to repair your sliced files. PrusaSlicer is a great alternative to the Chitubox or Lychee slicers.
Also, get a screen protector of some sort. If you have a failed print and don't clean the vat (or leave a piece of resin stuck to the build plate) it can end up damaging or puncturing the FEP. Resin inside your printer is no fun.

The 1/700 planes can probably be printed nose down (up) towards the build plate with as few small supports as you can get away with.

Caveman

An Anycubic Photon Mono. Screen protector is on the todo list.

nönöbär

I hava an Anycubic Photon. 1/700 scale parts can sometimes a bit tricky for the smaller ones, but aircraft can be done. See my CVE carriers, most aircraft there are printed.
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

Caveman

Quote from: nönöbär on March 06, 2022, 01:06:44 AM
I hava an Anycubic Photon. 1/700 scale parts can sometimes a bit tricky for the smaller ones, but aircraft can be done. See my CVE carriers, most aircraft there are printed.

They may have had quite an influence on me...  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on March 05, 2022, 10:27:29 AM
What printer did you get?

I recommend getting UVTools to repair your sliced files. PrusaSlicer is a great alternative to the Chitubox or Lychee slicers.
Also, get a screen protector of some sort. If you have a failed print and don't clean the vat (or leave a piece of resin stuck to the build plate) it can end up damaging or puncturing the FEP. Resin inside your printer is no fun.

The 1/700 planes can probably be printed nose down (up) towards the build plate with as few small supports as you can get away with.

I can't pretend I understand a word of that middle paragraph  ;D

Nice to see members embracing the latest tech though  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: