HMCS Pouch Cove

Started by Captain Canada, February 17, 2005, 08:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

You could always try asking Mossad for them  ;)

Just don't tell them I sent you  :ph34r:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

QuoteYou could always try asking Mossad for them  ;)

Our one and only conversation with Mossad will be short and sweet, ending with a big hole in the ground !

:ar:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Hmmm, hole in the ground...

:wub:  ;)  :D  

Mike Wren

QuoteIf anybody has any info on the gun pls let me know ! I'm about to search for Gerald Bull. We've got plans for his guns, and plans to avenge his death !

:P
Only thing's I know apart from the published material is that the Iraqi barrel was built and ready for shipping and that the base and gun laying equipment was also complete - I can't tell you the West Mids company involved as they were never mentioned in any press article I saw.

Chris
Walter Somers is the company that built the Iraqi Supergun, it's about 1 minute down the road from my house... Somers   ;)

NARSES2

QuoteIf anybody has any info on the gun pls let me know ! I'm about to search for Gerald Bull. We've got plans for his guns, and plans to avenge his death !

Only thing's I know apart from the published material is that the Iraqi barrel was built and ready for shipping and that the base and gun laying equipment was also complete - I can't tell you the West Mids company involved as they were never mentioned in any press article I saw.

Chris
Walter Somers is the company that built the Iraqi Supergun, it's about 1 minute down the road from my house... Somers   ;)
And I wasn't going to mention it Mike ! Somehow they avoided all the flak that hit Sheffield Forgemasters - I even know a couple of the guys who were temporarily under HM's loving care and attention :ph34r:  B)  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mike Wren

And I wasn't going to mention it Mike !
:ph34r:  you ain't seen me, right?  :ph34r:  

Leigh

Seeing as Cappy now seems to have designs on becoming an Emperor, and Canadian World domination is imminent, I must re-ask the question I posed six months ago when all this was being threatened.
Are you bringing Bacon with you?
If so I will gladly subjicate myself to maple rule and am more than willing to offer my services as an advance west coast spy for the promise of some decent cured pig.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Swamphen

It's too late, Cap'n, yer plans are known!

How do I know?

I saw these dudes on the "WANTED" board in the post office...

:dum:

Captain Canada

" hey, somebody horked our plans "

And sure, Leigh....I'll bring the bacon !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

How America got to be the worlds greatest power with their ersatz, so-called "bacon" I'll never know.

Although I do dislike the term "Canadian bacon".  Its not canadian!  Its just proper bloody bacon like you get over here!

Hmmm, I sense a new poll here, smoked or unsmoked?  B)

Oh, and Todd, how about a piccie of HMCS Pouch Cove next to a nice bacon buttie?  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Oh, and Todd, how about a piccie of HMCS Pouch Cove next to a nice bacon buttie?  :wub:
Adlington Butties  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

QuoteHmmm, I sense a new poll here, smoked or unsmoked?
Smoked all the way all the time!!!!! Bacon butties rule.....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Mmmm....bacon !

I prefer the strips of bacon. Canadian bacon, or back bacon, is alright, but if you want a good greasy sandwich, you want strips.

Maybe I'll take a pic this weekend !

:lol:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Strips, strips!

Hmmmm.....

:wub:  :wub:  

lancer

There is only one use for streaky (strip) bacon, and thats to roll it around chipolata's at crimbo!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die