2022/2023 GB Season - Call for Ideas

Started by NARSES2, March 07, 2022, 05:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

2022/2023 GB Season - Call for Ideas

Right here we are, this is the place to submit your ideas which will then go forward for voting to determine the subjects of the 2022/2023 GB Season.

Can I please ask you to think carefully before you submit an idea so as to try and ensure it is at least practical in terms of building it.

Can I also remind you that subjects from the previous 2 GB Seasons are not eligible. Thus : Prototypes, Captured, Blue Light, Recce and Surveillance, Gunships and Pirates are not eligible as subjects of this season's GB's.

I will aim to run any necessary preliminary poll on the 21st March and the final round of voting will take place 4th April.

Thank you

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

With the current war going on of Ukraine vs. Russia, I was thinking maybe a GB theme of "Liberty, Freedom, and Independence".
The GB could showcase model subjects that represent those ideals. The model subjects would be anything from any country that fought for independence, liberty, and freedom.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Pellson

I'll just indulge, then..

"Eighties forever!": Anything that could have been operational in the 1980's, old, new and refurbished beyond recognition.

"Cold War Frozen": What if the Berlin wall never fell? Would all fighters still have been air superiority grey? What equipment would the east european countries have used?

"NATO without the USA": US never gets involved in NATO. Rather, UK, France and West Germany forms the core of a pact against the Russians.

and, obviously:

"Slava Ukraini!": Anything blue and yellow.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

McColm

Heliplanes, tilt-engines and tilt wings with two or more engines.
The Kamov Ka-35 caught my eye.

Here's something that I am currently working on.

And here's one I built before but wouldn't mind building it again.

McColm

Aerial water bombers,  those planes and helicopters that put out forest fires. The thinking behind this is that you can't build a current fire fighter in service today. Retired examples are included including whiffs.

Alternative liveries or paint schemes on railway coaches or carriages.

Alternatives to the Brabazon Committee.

Alternatives to Britain's V-Force bombers; concepts,  RW and whiffery.

Alternatives to AWACS and AEW  helicopters plus fixed wing.

Underwater tanks; tanks that can trave on a riverbed, under a river or compact ice.

Maritime surveillance/ ASW Airships .

Flying aircraft carriers.; just as the title suggests plus aircraft that can carry other aircraft above their wings.

Cars converted into pickup trucks but not on a production line or from the original manufacturer.

sandiego89

Three nominations:

1)  Falklands 40th Anniversary GB.  Enter something from the 1982 Falklands/Malvinas conflict. 

2)  Tropic of Cancer GB.  Enter something is service along the tropic of Cancer. Any time period, civil or military. Get the atlas out! some countries are well known, some more obscure.

3)  Logistics GB.  "The amateurs discuss tactics: the professionals discuss logistics" Napoleon Bonaparte.  Enter something that primarily serves in a transport/logistics role.  Civil or military, any tine period.  Bring out your trash haulers: cargo ships, trucks, airlifters, literal garbage trucks, package delivery, chuck wagons, repurposed military equipment now serving in a transport role, refueling tankers, transporters.....     
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

scooter

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 07, 2022, 03:58:08 PM
3)  Logistics GB.  "The amateurs discuss tactics: the professionals discuss logistics" Napoleon Bonaparte.  Enter something that primarily serves in a transport/logistics role.  Civil or military, any tine period.  Bring out your trash haulers: cargo ships, trucks, airlifters, literal garbage trucks ( ;D ;D ;D ;D ), package delivery, chuck wagons, repurposed military equipment now serving in a transport role, refueling tankers, transporters.....   

Having spent my entire military career as a POG*, I strongly support this nomination.

*POG: Person other than Grunt
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Sport21ing

Expatriate units and formations - Expeditionary Forces GB
or
Governments in exile GB
or
Lend-Lease GB

(since it's a whatif, is up to the imagination)
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

kerick

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 07, 2022, 03:58:08 PM
Three nominations:

1)  Falklands 40th Anniversary GB.  Enter something from the 1982 Falklands/Malvinas conflict. 

2)  Tropic of Cancer GB.  Enter something is service along the tropic of Cancer. Any time period, civil or military. Get the atlas out! some countries are well known, some more obscure.

3)  Logistics GB.  "The amateurs discuss tactics: the professionals discuss logistics" Napoleon Bonaparte.  Enter something that primarily serves in a transport/logistics role.  Civil or military, any tine period.  Bring out your trash haulers: cargo ships, trucks, airlifters, literal garbage trucks, package delivery, chuck wagons, repurposed military equipment now serving in a transport role, refueling tankers, transporters.....   

Logistics! Now I might have to get out my left over parts from two turretless Bradleys and build that armored supply hauler so badly needed during the thunder run into downtown Bagdad. Check out the book Thunder Run.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

Air Ferries

Round warships

Submersible warships

Mach2 kit whiffery

Space 2023, the follow up series of the TV show Space 1999

Thunderbirds aren't go, alternative whiffery

The Wizarding World of vehicles, muggle vehicles jinxed with other attachments.

Raiders of the spare parts bin; a kitbash delight as it doesn't have to resemble any RW man made objects.

Bombers into airliners, including attack aircraft.

zenrat

During the last year I have noted the following ideas;

It'll never work GB

Civil War GB

Asymmetric/Twin Boom GB

Amphibious GB

Lightning Hunter Canberra GB

Fifties GB

Steampunk GB

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

50s is a slightly neglected era so that looks good

How about .....Punk  so steam punk , diesel punk , atom punk, cyber punk and just punk punk

Demob / surplus swords into plough shares

NARSES2

A couple of questions ?

Quote from: McColm on March 07, 2022, 11:26:53 AM

Alternatives to the Brabazon Committee.

I'm assuming you mean alternative design's/types rather than alternative members for the Committee ?

Quote from: McColm on March 07, 2022, 11:36:49 PM

Mach2 kit whiffery

Again I assume you mean wifferey with Mach 2 kits rather than wifferey involving a type capable of Mach 2 and above ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Rather than simply cry in my beer  :banghead: I will make a suggestion of my own for a change

The decade you were born in GB. Build a model representative of the decade in which you were born.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 08, 2022, 05:44:45 AM
Rather than simply cry in my beer  :banghead: I will make a suggestion of my own for a change

The decade you were born in GB. Build a model representative of the decade in which you were born.

What a good idea!   
[/size]]What a good idea!   

Rheged, June 1952 vintage

May I also add the   following :-"Scrapheap Challenge"...........use only parts from your spare parts/scrap  box(es) to make any sort of unlikely device.
                                     or      :-  "In the steps of....".............eg   In the steps of Salvador Dali (surreal) Kit Spackman(longer wings) Rowland Emmett (completely off the wall)  Bill Cody (sticks and string everywhere)  John De Lorean    (cars with funny doors)   etc

or  :-  Wider still and wider"..........allowing for instance broad gauge trains, wide bodied, flying wing  or Zwilling aircraft, vast crawler vehicles or even multiple hulled ships.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet