Apocalyptic Mobile Heavy Transport Huey

Started by Wardukw, March 09, 2022, 05:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Righto then ...with building the transporter it was always going to have a chopper sitting on it as its pointless to me not to have one it in the first place and im sure your guys would agree.
The model started life as every model does,,in bits but as anyone whos built a chopper knows
ya gotta paint the inside first before you can stick the halfs together so after a weeks worth of stuffing around i was able to get those sides together and that wasnt easy as the halfs needed to be straightened from a wee twist they came out of the box with and this is the model i started with .
DSCF3313 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Then there is the detailing which of course had to be there ,,its 35th scale with no back doors ,,ya gonna see everything so i didnt go to town on this ,,just down to the corner store.
So i started on the inside,,building ammo boxes for two 40mm launchers and two M3 .50 cal machine guns ..
DSCF3301 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3302 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now painted but without any details .
DSCF3303 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3304 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3309 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3312 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
A few details to liven it up a bit ..
DSCF3316 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3318 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3320 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Think the halfs went together ok ? ... Nope
DSCF3326 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3330 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3331 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Weapons time !!!!!
DSCF3335 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3336 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Well thats it for now guys ...much more to come on this thing  <_<
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Dang... that what i call super detailing a build.  :bow: :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Thats just adding a little bit extra Zen..nothing to serious but wait till ya see the ammo feed belts i made..your gonna love those  :lol:
Oh the paint colours for this not going to be pretty..after all it was found in the back of a barn and theres a wee surprise i have in mind to give ya some idea that this thing was being put together from parts of other hueys .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Woohoo!

I've built the Dragon (ex Panda) UH-1D in 1/35.  Doesn't have an engine but I can't remember having to tape it like that to get it to close up.
It was the first aircraft i'd built for about 25 years and took me a while to get my head around how to do it as it wasn't a car.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

I had that to and that went together very nicely from what i remember..i think the difference is Dragons plastic is stiffer than Academys and it holds its shape better..exactly the same with the tanks ive built from both .
Thank ya Chris mate  ;D
Kinda have to build all now to that standard or better..still learning this aircraft thingy all over again  :lol:

comrade harps

Whatever.

Old Wombat

Have Wok!
Will travel!

Looking really good! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Cheers Guy .  ;D .tell ya one thing matey im really looking forward to throwing some paint on this..fact theres not alot of work left to do on it..just finish the gun mounts and lay out the feed belts.

Stay tuned ..its only going to get more used looking from here  :wacko:

Gondor

Do you have "Ride of the Valkyries'" playing in the background when your working on this?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Hahaha and the answer to that is NO!!!
I dont have room for speckers Gondor matey   :lol:
Fact it wouldn't matter if this thing did play that..hueys make enough noise anyway  ;D
There was a thought awhile ago about modifying the blabes to shut them up..sliming them down in width and fitting a curved end on them to take away the Huey chop ..that sound is from the blades being so wide and the annoying thing is ..to make it work it has to be 3 bladed which they did fit to real Huey C models for tests..they test fitted 4 bladed rotors to but nothing came from it in the early days.
Later on of course it did .

buzzbomb

Old Wombat

I've seen Bell 412's flying overhead (there are several in Adelaide & I'm near/under one of the regular flight paths) & they still make the Wok-Wok noise, only faster. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

That's an amazing cockpit! Did you paint everything or are those decals/PE? Either way, outstanding work.

Wardukw

Very true Guy ..the 412 still has quite wide blades so yeah ya still gonna get the wok wok sound..its the tips cutting thru the air and breaking the sound barrier which cause that sound ..now if you take a narrow blade with a curved tips that sound is damn near gone..it's always been a problem cause you could hear a chopper comin for miles.
Im not going to go deep into this as there is many other factors too...air density and the like ..you can hear the difference even with old choppers like the Hughes 500D
Cheers Buzzy mate  ;D still going along and it will go abit further today too .
Frank mate its all paint..theres not a single bit of PE in there ..the helmets come with the kit but have heads in em..so had to dremel them out ..oh i lied...theres some PE for the helmets mics and thats it i swear  :lol:.
Theres cables hanging down form the roof which is just very thin copper wire wrapped around a sewing needle..thats for the helmets comms..the dials on the dash are made up of everything i could find from my decal stash..there is plane dials ..half track and truck dials too  ;D
Been a very long time since i painted anything like that ..glad ya like it Frank  :thumbsup: