Apocalyptic Mobile Heavy Transport Huey

Started by Wardukw, March 09, 2022, 05:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Well a wee update for you chaps ..the Huey is going to be on hold for a little while.
I was going to spray a gloss coat on it this morning and the tip of my air brush just snapped off.
Snapped clean off right at the main body..so that is officially buggered now but heres the good news.
There is another one already on its way to me as a brithday gift from my mum and sis..they asked what i wanted and i told em..its not a Iwata but im not complaining.
Has 4 needles and all the other gubbins that go with em and im also looking at a very cheap one just for base coats and im talking cheap..$25 NZ .
This is annoying me to be honest..got a free weekend but there will be a update on the transporter next week  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Bugger.
I've dropped mine a few times knackering the nozzles but so far managed not to snap any parts.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

The thing thats got me is this one was never dropped..which is strange for me being the clumsy bugger i am .
It was only $19nz for it brand new ..might have been a manufacturing fault but i dont know for sure.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

rickshaw

I remember the sound of Heuy's blades, even now, more than 30 years since I served in the Army.  Very distinctive.  Interestingly, the Blackhawk sounds like a radial engined beast in comparison.  Both are very noisy.  Not as noisy as an Angry Chook but still noisy enough.  I used to work just near a chopper pad and boy was it noisy... Woka-woka-woka...   :banghead: :banghead:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

Oh that sound can be heard for miles which isnt a great thing for a troop carrier/gun ship .
We have choppers fly over the camp pretty much every day ..we had a Hughes 300 fly over this morning...Robinson R22s and 44s are common too.
We get some real beauties fly over and most i have no idea what they are but many are surprisingly quite.
I brought a cheapish airbrush last night and i should see it before the end of the week i hope.
No idea when my birthday gift will show up so scored a another one for the mean time .
Now ill have one for base spraying and one for detail painting  ;D

Wardukw

All righty then ...ive made some head way on this thing ..ya gonna notice this i can tell ya but remember this is the preweathered stage ,,its gonna look quite different when im gone ...im going to make it look like they someone started to make it look better but either they ran out of paint or time ...
I forgot to put this pic up of the weapons mount before it was mounted to the bird .
DSCF3346 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now to the bird ,,,its coming along ok now ...
DSCF3378 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3379 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3380 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3389 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The real work and the most time has been on the transporter ,,thats much different from the last time it was on here .
Thats it for the mo ...the next pics will be the finished bird  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

It's coming along! The Mk.19 grenade launcher is for when you really want to get your point across in an argument...

Wardukw

Ill start weathering that today..the yellow needs to be brought under control  :lol:
When i was thinking of a load out for this thing i wanted area suppression but also rapid fire with a punch..M3 50cals for that job..high rate of fire and much lighter than a M2.
The MK19s ..well like ya said..argument suppression  ;D
Well zombie horde suppression ..when push comes to shove ..shoveing is better  ;D

Wardukw

Well here she is guys ...all done and ready for your viewing  :thumbsup:
DSCF3390 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3391 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3392 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3397 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3398 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3399 by Phill Harrison, on FlickrDSCF3400 by Phill Harrison, on FlickrDSCF3401 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3402 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3403 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3406 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3407 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Old Wombat

Nicely done! :thumbsup:

Those scratched feed chutes are great! ;D

She's a UH-1B, isn't she? :unsure:

Nope, quick check of the first post, she's a C, so not too bad an ID. Flew in a B a few times when I was in the RAN FAA. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

;D cheers guys  ..finally fot it where i wanted it..its sitting right and looking the part .
Next time i make those feed  chutes im going to use .3mm solder but that might be to soft..but ill try it none the less.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.