Tank Pirates of the Hay Plains - Finished Pics Pg 5

Started by zenrat, March 13, 2022, 04:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Wasn't aware of that.  Interesting.  Thanks Rick.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

I have begun weathering.
In all the magazines I keep reading about the "oil spot" technique so I thought I would start with that.
I used dots of white, black, red, and yellow oil paints and a wide turps soaked brush.  This has given it a suitably mottled, if darker, visage and highlighted the panel lines nicely.
Pirate Tank WIP 30-04-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

philp

I have one of the original Bad Guy tanks in the stash with the full pig crew.  Unfortunately they are pretty much all posed as on parade.

There was a really nice diorama done in Japan with this kit but I can't seem to find it right now.

Love the Skull and Cross Bones.  Is that a decal?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

buzzbomb

Old Wombat

Remind me to avoid the Hay Plains when I eventually go over to the ACT/NSW to visit the ANWM & RAN FAA Museum. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

This one only comes with one Pig.  He'll be posed on the turret.  I'll see if can find some other suitably piratical figures.

Yes Phil, it is a transfer.
Fred

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 01, 2022, 11:26:55 PM
Remind me to avoid the Hay Plains when I eventually go over to the ACT/NSW to visit the ANWM & RAN FAA Museum. :o

I wouldn't bother with the AWM until 2025.  It is presently a building site as they change it into a circus.   You can only enter via a temporary side door, most of the galleries are blocked off and there was only a Sea Fury and a MiG15 on display.  Hardly worth bothering with when I was there last week.   :banghead: :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

With my time scales 2025 sounds about right. :thumbsup:

zenrat

Not the last time I visited, but possibly the one before I got sidetracked reading the VC citations and before I knew it it was closing time.  It was a magnificent museum and a moving memorial, I hope they don't ruin it.

While I take my time with the weathering and figure painting I have started writing the back story.  This one is set in the world of Studio zenrat's dieselpunk anime My Sky The Free Winds.
It's not just the Hay Plains you'd want to avoid in this timeline but most of what we know as Australia...
Fred

Old Wombat

Oh, I'm quite happy to make the Adelaide Hills a Pirate Paradise but I'm aware the Tank Pirates of the Hay Plains may not be keen on interlopers. ;D

Robomog

That looks really cool, love the paint scheme  :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

Writing some words tonight.  The muse is with me and i'm on a roll.  I've written four, nearly five sentences...

...but now it's bedtime.   :unsure:
Fred