Those Rebellious Scots!

Started by Beermonster58, March 14, 2022, 06:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beermonster58

https://flic.kr/p/2n8yEGu
https://flic.kr/p/2n8tdN9
First item in my long term 2022 project. A collection of aircraft operated by the Feachd an Adhar Poblachd na h-Alba (Republic of Scotland Air Force) C-27A Spartanach (Spartan). Kit used was the excellent Italeri C-27J Spartan. Yes, I know a prop blade is missing!! :laugh:

Model is brush painted throughout. Base colour is Humbrol 80 (Grass Green) patterned in Revell Aqua Dunkelgrun, Revell Aqua Dark Earth and, Revell Aqua Matt Black. Yes, masking was fun!!
Saltire insignia were ordinary decals but, I think they are no longer available. However, they will be quite easy to paint or, use a combination of paint and, solid colour decal.
I have deliberately avoided a specific timeline in order to give maximum flexibility in subject choices. Currently in progress, the  Sealgair (Hunter) FGA.9. I will post pics when its done.

Allan
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

NARSES2

That's come out very nicely  :bow: Particularly like the camouflage  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Beermonster58

Hotte

Dizzyfugu

Would be a nice addition to my RoScAC Scottish air force, they (still) need some transport aircraft.  :thumbsup:

The Rat

My eyes are going funny just imagining doing that scheme. Beautiful!  :wub:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Now thats some bloody nice paint work ..this is very cool Beer man  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Glenn Gilbertson

Beermonster58

Quote from: The Rat on March 14, 2022, 11:58:56 AM
My eyes are going funny just imagining doing that scheme. Beautiful!  :wub:
It was actually quite straightforward albeit time consuming!! 😂. I found it quite relaxing.
I will be doing a C-130 J in a similar scheme though, I think I might make the individual colour segments a bit larger!

Beermonster58

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 14, 2022, 12:15:32 PM
Now thats some bloody nice paint work ..this is very cool Beer man  :thumbsup:
Once it was done , I actually treated myself to a very large measure of Laphroaig!! 🥃.
I needed something stronger than beer!! 😉😂

Beermonster58

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 14, 2022, 07:47:21 AM
Would be a nice addition to my RoScAC Scottish air force, they (still) need some transport aircraft.  :thumbsup:
I'm going to add a C-130J and, Twin Otter floatplane. Given the nature of the Scottish coastline, I reckon the latter will be particularly suitable.