hangar for my WHIF's

Started by sandiego89, March 20, 2022, 10:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on March 22, 2022, 02:40:29 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 21, 2022, 06:50:24 PM
...ya gotta have a full blown roof dude...with trusses and cross braces and lights ...

Working lights.   :mellow:

Yup  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

Well, my "simple" hangar background has continued to morph.  Decided to add a back wall also with sliding hangar doors.

Black primer on. 

And a roof, did I mention the roof?  ...and no, NO lighting or roof lattice work.....well maybe.....

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

VERY impressive.  :thumbsup:

Is that a model of G-VTOL you've done there, the 2 seat Harrier prototype, now at Brooklands?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Oh your banging a roof on ya hanger huh ?
Tell ya what that was a brilliant idea Dave  :lol: :lol:
Now this is juat a annoying idea...LED lights but hell i have no idea how to do that so i wouldnt bother either  :lol:  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 09, 2022, 03:46:08 PM
VERY impressive.  :thumbsup:

Is that a model of G-VTOL you've done there, the 2 seat Harrier prototype, now at Brooklands?

Thank you Kit.

The two-seat Harrier is a Sea-Harrier AEW.1 for Falklands service fall 1982, for phase 2 of the Falklands/Malvinas conflict after the conflict had been paused after a major engineering casualty on the Invincible and the task force had to regroup.  Three were converted and were often accompanied by one of the KGR.3 Harriers which had been replumbed to allow a buddy pod, greatly increasing on-station time.   

Dave "Sandiego89"

PR19_Kit

LOVE it!  :wub:

Both the idea and the backstory.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

I decided to cover one exterior wall of the hangar with corrugated steel (HO scale evergreen siding) so I can have a variety of backdrops. 

Spray painted with several shades of steel.  This is the rear wall of the hanger, with a much smaller sliding hanagar door. 

Interior walls flat white. 

Corrugated steel rear wall on the right.  The rest of the 3 walls are still in primer.

Dave "Sandiego89"

buzzbomb

Very nice work.

The Harriers... excellent :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

That's REALLY looking good now.

LOVE the hydroski Lightning!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Now your on it  ;D
Thats really brought the hanger to life and it looks alot more realistic now.
That back wall is dull and empty..posters..WW2 ones or more modern..small or medium sized one so all they do is break up the dead spots..make it look more used .
An idea for your thoughts Dave   ;D