Pirate Car. Finished pics pg 3.

Started by zenrat, March 26, 2022, 02:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Because I have a very short attention span, and because both Pirate GB aircraft are in the paint stage and I felt the urge for customising.

Pirate '62 Ford Thunderbird.

As you can see by the box lid I have used some of the parts from the kit already.  The engine will be replaced with a Big Block Chevy because that will upset some people.  To fill the gap between the rear wheels and the drive shaft I will have a rummage in a parts box or something suitable.
As far as the look of the thing goes I am currently getting inspiration from these images.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A Big Block Chevy in a T'Bird?  ;D ;D

You do know how to make friends, don't you Fred?  ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2022, 03:56:35 AM
A Big Block Chevy in a T'Bird?  ;D ;D

You do know how to make friends, don't you Fred?  ;) ;)

;D

Put one in a Hemi-'Cuda and watch the Mopar heads explode.  :wacko:

McColm

The bottom picture caught my eye.

zenrat

Quote from: McColm on March 27, 2022, 02:39:07 AM
The bottom picture caught my eye. 's

That's The Raiders Coach.  Built by George Barris for 60's popular beat combo Paul Revere and the Raiders.  Powered by a pair of Pontiac GTO engines.  AMT did a 1/25 kit of it.

Here's a mock up of my Pirate Car.  The Big Block Chevy engine was too wide.  It couldn't fit between the inner wings AND have exhaust headers.  As an alternative I dug out an injected Small Block Chevy from a Revell '86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.
Wheels are from my parts boxes and are an unknown origin Japanese aftermarket set i've had kicking around for years.  I think I got them as part of an e-bay bulk lot of pre-loved wheels and tyres.
They were previously fitted to a Skyline powered '32 Ford "drift rod".
Exhausts will exit through the bodywork behind the front wheels as per the Monkeemobile.

Pirate Car WIP 27-03-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kerick

Those wheels look great! I've never seen that pattern before.
Paul Revere and the Raiders coach, I have to look that up.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

Black patch over headlights on one side, one rear wheel should be wooden, one front wheel should be a hook.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on March 27, 2022, 09:43:31 AM

Black patch over headlights on one side, one rear wheel should be wooden, one front wheel should be a hook.  ;D

And a parrot perched on the windshield.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 27, 2022, 10:08:49 AM

:thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 27, 2022, 10:08:49 AM

Nah, a big parrot decal like a Firebird Trans-Am.

PR19_Kit

But it wouldn't squawk 'Pieces of eight, pieces of eight!'   :-\

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 27, 2022, 02:22:55 PM

Dead men tell no tales
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 27, 2022, 02:22:55 PM

You could always program one of those so-called "musical horns" to do that.

Or you could have a parrot bonnet (hood) ornament.

;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

You can get a Tesla to say anything.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Progress report.

Having built new engine mounts, steering tie rod, and anti-roll bar to miss the small block chevy (sump lump is at the other end to the stock Ford donk) I painted the chassis today.
Next I have to make a decision.  Keep it as a four seater or, taking a cue from the Monkeemobile do I cut out the boot lid and scratch up additional seating?
Fred