Forum Software Upgrade completed - 20th August

Started by overscan, March 28, 2022, 01:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 22, 2022, 09:53:39 AMSpell checker would be great, especially for our UK friends who don't know how to say or spell aluminum.  ;)

Or tire, curb, humor, etc :wacko:  ;D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 22, 2022, 07:24:56 AMEdge doesn't 'pass through' to a spell checker.

And before you all get on my case, I've tried Chrome and Safari and all those others and don't get on with ANY of them, so I'm stuck with Edge. At least I know what it does and how to handle it.

Apart from spell checking here of course........
Edge has an in app spell checker which should be on by default:
How to configure spell checker on the new Microsoft Edge

Also check the Win 10 system settings:
How to Enable or Disable Spell Check in Windows 10

jcf

As to regional spellings, I use both but most often default to the non-US spellings, my early years
in Canadian schools before we moved to the States stuck.
;D

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on August 22, 2022, 03:00:39 AMOK tech-heads.  Why does Safari (running in Mojave 10.14.6) refuse to open this forum?
Immediately after the  upgrade it did so as per normal.
Then from the next day it refused giving me a "can't connect to the server" messgage.
I have checked all the settings in Safari (none of which I had changed) and can see nothing that looks to me that it would be blocking connection.

Firefox and Chrome both connect OK (this is using chrome now).

I'm guessing you're using a bookmarked shortcut to access the forum?

I had to edit mine as it was sending me to an error page.
It was:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?action=forum

I edited it to:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php

That resolved the problem.

Safari 15.6 on 2015 Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.6.8.

kitbasher

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 22, 2022, 09:53:39 AMSpell checker would be great, especially for our UK friends who don't know how to say or spell aluminum.  ;)

I think you mean choose to say or spell aluminum  ;)
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Quote from: overscan on August 22, 2022, 04:29:38 AMApparently I had to turn on drafts feature. Done now! It keeps them 7 days, and will autosave your post. Drafts can be found in your profile:

TVM
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 22, 2022, 11:13:38 AMEdge has an in app spell checker which should be on by default:

According to both those the spell checker is on, but it isn't, not in here anyway.

It works almost everywhere else, but not here.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 22, 2022, 01:52:38 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 22, 2022, 11:13:38 AMEdge has an in app spell checker which should be on by default:

According to both those the spell checker is on, but it isn't, not in here anyway.

It works almost everywhere else, but not here.
OK that's weird, I downloaded Edge for my Mac and the spell check function works fine with MacOS.

Which version of Edge are you running?
The most recent version for Win 10 is 104.0.1293.63 released on August 19, 2022.

overscan

Windows 11, Edge 104.0.1293.63, spellcheck works perfectly.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 22, 2022, 11:27:33 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 22, 2022, 03:00:39 AMOK tech-heads.  Why does Safari (running in Mojave 10.14.6) refuse to open this forum?
Immediately after the  upgrade it did so as per normal.
Then from the next day it refused giving me a "can't connect to the server" messgage.
I have checked all the settings in Safari (none of which I had changed) and can see nothing that looks to me that it would be blocking connection.

Firefox and Chrome both connect OK (this is using chrome now).

I'm guessing you're using a bookmarked shortcut to access the forum?

I had to edit mine as it was sending me to an error page.
It was:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?action=forum

I edited it to:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php

That resolved the problem.

Safari 15.6 on 2015 Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.6.8.

Brilliant.  Problem solved.
Thanks Jon.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

How often does the forum now refresh topics? Some of the "last post by...." dates are three days old.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: overscan on August 23, 2022, 01:26:51 AMWindows 11, Edge 104.0.1293.63, spellcheck works perfectly.

That's what I've got, and it doesn't.................:(

But this is M$ we're talking about of course..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

please can we get the font size made smaller so that the text does not take up so much space on the screen.
This applies to everything.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Hobbes

The Ctrl-minus shortcut to zoom out isn't sufficient?