Forum Software Upgrade completed - 20th August

Started by overscan, March 28, 2022, 01:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I noticed that when you have a lit of unread topics the images of the author are not showing. These would be in the profiles so maybe a broken link?  :-\

And how do you Log Out?  Scratch that, found out there is a drop down menu in the top left corner which deals with all that kind of thing.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Not immediately obvious Chris.
I had a look at settings accessed through my profile but nothing there did the trick.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

overscan

I'm working my way through the 65 (!) places a font size is specified. Most parts of the forum interface are now bigger.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 20, 2022, 05:03:47 AMAnd there's no 'Spell Check' button any more, or I can't find it if there is one.

Kit

If I misspell something, and my spelling is quite poor, then the miss-spelt word is simply underlined in red. Same as it was in the old version.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

overscan

Annoyingly, the one place I can't figure out how to make bigger yet is the post editor.

In other cases, making the font bigger in one place makes it bigger elsewhere you didn't really want it bigger. The style sheets are a bit of a pigs breakfast.
"What if?" addict

overscan

@NARSES2 That's done by certain modern browsers. I use that too. Kit is talking about the old manual spellcheck button, that was part of the forum itself.
"What if?" addict

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

overscan

I finally found the text size for the WYSIWYG editor. Embiggened.
"What if?" addict

scooter

Quote from: overscan on August 20, 2022, 05:40:26 AM@steelpillow I agree on the default text size, I'll look into that. I think I altered the size previously on the old site.

@PR19_Kit I agree the spellcheck appears to be missing, the tickbox for it isn't where it used to be. I have installed the relevant supporting software, so might need to ask on the support forums.

Ooo!  We can tag folks now?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

overscan

Quote from: Gondor on August 20, 2022, 05:52:04 AMI noticed that when you have a lit of unread topics the images of the author are not showing. These would be in the profiles so maybe a broken link?  :-\

We used to have a plugin that did that - Avatars_on_Board_MessageIndex_v2.0. Not sure if it works with the new version.
"What if?" addict

overscan

Quote from: scooter on August 20, 2022, 06:56:18 AM
Quote from: overscan on August 20, 2022, 05:40:26 AM@steelpillow I agree on the default text size, I'll look into that. I think I altered the size previously on the old site.

@PR19_Kit I agree the spellcheck appears to be missing, the tickbox for it isn't where it used to be. I have installed the relevant supporting software, so might need to ask on the support forums.

Ooo!  We can tag folks now?

Yes @scooter - you use the at symbol and start typing their username.
"What if?" addict

overscan

Quote from: overscan on August 20, 2022, 06:57:49 AMWe used to have a plugin that did that - Avatars_on_Board_MessageIndex_v2.0. Not sure if it works with the new version.

Turns out the guy who wrote that made a new one for SMF 2.1 that puts user avatars everywhere. I turned off the option to replace tags of people by their avatar pic, that was... weird.
"What if?" addict

overscan

Okay guys its 2am, time for sleep I think. Quite a long session in the end!
"What if?" addict

Gondor

Great job @overscan that's a lot of work you have done. Avitars are showing, might have been me not noticing where they were ans some of the layout has changed a bit.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....