Forum Software Upgrade completed - 20th August

Started by overscan, March 28, 2022, 01:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overscan

I think it looks a bit more modern.

However, we can be resistant to change :)
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

steelpillow

Quote from: overscan on August 21, 2022, 02:06:09 AMInitial feedback was the text was too small.... So I made it biggered. I've pulled the size back a bit - maybe a compromise position?

Yes, I think it is spot on now. :thumbsup:

I still find the fixed-pitch code in the editor a bit big.
Cheers.

perttime

Quote from: overscan on August 21, 2022, 02:06:09 AMInitial feedback was the text was too small.... So I made it biggered. I've pulled the size back a bit - maybe a compromise position?
Works for me

The font in poster's information to the left looks larger than necessary. It takes quite a bit of space too.

Oh, and the font in the old fashioned editor (visible tags etc) is pretty big, and I think it is a serif font, unlike other texts in the forum.

overscan

Can't figure out how to do that yet - I can't find how this size is controlled in the CSS style sheet. It isn't a font-size directive.
"What if?" addict

overscan

QuoteYes, the built-in spell check feature was removed in 2.1 since most browsers have a built-in spellcheck feature these days.

From one of the lead developers. So that is that.
"What if?" addict

PR19_Kit

Quote from: overscan on August 21, 2022, 05:05:45 AM
QuoteYes, the built-in spell check feature was removed in 2.1 since most browsers have a built-in spellcheck feature these days.

Hm, well yes, but there's no way of getting to it through the Forum interface, or at least not on my Win10 machine anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Chaos

steelpillow

Quote from: overscan on August 21, 2022, 04:51:04 AMCan't figure out how to do that yet - I can't find how this size is controlled in the CSS style sheet. It isn't a font-size directive.

Curiously, with ajax.googleapis.com calls disabled I get the default text font in the editor window instead (jsdelivr.net makes no difference either way). So I wonder whether the large fixed-pitch style may be being served direct to our browsers from some wondrous Google-hosted resource?
Cheers.

Old Wombat

Quote from: overscan on August 20, 2022, 03:05:17 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on August 20, 2022, 07:45:59 AMHmmm?! Not sure I'm keen on the format/look but I'll keep rocking up, anyway, so, maybe, I'll get used to it. :-\

Anything specific you don't like? It might be changeable...

The width of the boards within the overall field is a bit narrow for my liking & everything seems a bit "chunky" & "clunky". (Although, maybe, that works for some people with even worse eyesight than mine? :-\ ) I'm sure it's all technically streamlined & slick , it just doesn't look that way to me.

Oh, & the fact that every time I log on I have to change it off of the 'Stay logged on' "1 hour" default to the "forever" that I prefer, & I can't see a way to lock in my preference.

Like I said, I'm sure I'll get used to it, eventually ... maybe. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

jcf

Is their some way we can turn off "Quick Reply"? To me it's just taking up space on the page.

The new format is definitely better on my mobile devices, iPhone and iPad Pro.

overscan

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 21, 2022, 08:38:20 AMOh, & the fact that every time I log on I have to change it off of the 'Stay logged on' "1 hour" default to the "forever" that I prefer, & I can't see a way to lock in my preference.

You only need to do that once per device though - right? Why would you need log on forever, multiple times?
"What if?" addict

Steel Penguin

Ill add to Kits cant find the spell checker im afraid, using google chrome here, and i know i realy need one.  wile my lexiconagraphy is resonably good my spooling is rather lerking  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!