Vickers Swallow

Started by PR19_Kit, March 31, 2022, 02:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

On the 7th or 8th PST session on the Swallow now, and at last I think I'm getting there.

It's a heck of a shape to sand as there's always a fragile pointy bit pointing right at you!

I may even have a go at the engines soon, and then the landing gear. The latter bits are TINY, but perfectly formed of course.  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I'll be making a start on mine over the weekend, in between bouts of sanding on other things.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Did you know they issued serials for TEN Swallows?

XK831 - XK835 and XK850 - XK854
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

It's got engines now.  ;D

A little more PSR maybe and I'll be ready to try some colour on it.

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Very nice mate  ;D ;D..its looking like a plane now and not a flashy lawn dart   :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Lost Cosmonauts

That is looking very spiffy indeed. I'm impressed you've resisted the temptation to do the PR high altitude version with longer wings
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

PR19_Kit

It already IS the high altitude PR version.   ;D

With that tapered wing it'd be almost impossible to make them any longer without spoiling the aesthetics of it.

Mind you, I said that about a Wellesley once...........  ;D

Regards
Kit

Lost Cosmonauts

To be fair it is difficult to do more damage to the aesthetics of a Wellesley than was already baked in
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 15, 2022, 03:10:41 AM

With that tapered wing it'd be almost impossible to make them any longer without spoiling the aesthetics of it.

For some reason I'm seeing those wings as being able to swing at mid-span as well as at the fuselage join ? Is it getting too hot already and my brain is becoming affected ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 15, 2022, 06:01:44 AM

For some reason I'm seeing those wings as being able to swing at mid-span as well as at the fuselage join ? Is it getting too hot already and my brain is becoming affected ?  :angel:

It's the heat, Carruthers.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Ah, thank you Jackson   ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Mind you, I said that about a Wellesley once...........  ;D

Thata the way the Wellesley should have looked and as Lost Cosmonauts said anything you do to one of those is a improvement ..this is a big one and i like it  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Im glad you broke that 3 bladed prop mate ..it looks so much better with the 4 ..its balanced better  ;D
The idea of another engine swap with the Griffion and a 5 bladed prop is one i would go for bigtime ..one rule ive always lived by mate..more power is always better  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..