Vickers Swallow

Started by PR19_Kit, March 31, 2022, 02:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Fascinating Alastair, thanks for the link. And interesting to hear Barnes Wallis voice too.  :thumbsup:

But the guy doing the commentary has the most IRRITATING voice I've heard in years!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 05, 2022, 02:35:14 AM
Fascinating Alastair, thanks for the link. And interesting to hear Barnes Wallis voice too.  :thumbsup:

But the guy doing the commentary has the most IRRITATING voice I've heard in years!

You have not met one of my neighbours   :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Ohhh yeah..found and explained...you should hear this dude try to pronounce German words ..its annoying to no end ..he seems to have that issue with alot more than German tho..would so so easy to take a stab at the Aussies here but i wont  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

The voice isn't so bad, it's the bloody awful delivery that grates!

If you want an irritating Australian voice, I give you Frank Walker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMC6gcWu2LM  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 06, 2022, 05:27:23 PM

If you want an irritating Australian voice, I give you Frank Walker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMC6gcWu2LM  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If i said to shut that dude up id smack em in the face with a 2x4 ..would that seem a wee bit extreme ?? ..cause if ya had to hear  that voice for more than an hour it probably wouldn't .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 06, 2022, 07:18:27 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 06, 2022, 05:27:23 PM

If i said to shut that dude up id smack em in the face with a 2x4 ..would that seem a wee bit extreme ?? ..cause if ya had to hear  that voice for more than an hour it probably wouldn't .

Bro, if I ever see Frank Walker, he's a dead man! :angry:

His voice is on the radio every! damned! day! when I'm driving around for work! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wardukw

Cause some smart arse would say just change the station ..but i know how crap work vehicles radios can be and ya stuck on one station..i know how to fix that franks problem..one word..Simtex  ;D

Old Wombat

It's worse, it's the only radio station (Triple M Classic Rock on DAB) that I find bearable to listen to ... that plus he seems to advertise on every bleedin' station! :banghead: :banghead:

Gondor

I have no idea how capable your works van is but you may be able to have an AUX source play music to it so you can listen to what you want. I use an MP3 player in my car and change the music on it from time to time if I want.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Mrs z used to work with a bloke called Frank Walker - he didn't speak like that but everyone who met him did an impression as soon as they copped his name.
Poor sod.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Head unit with a USB port Guy..thrn ya rockin.
Ive got one in my car..4gig USB stick..29 albums on it..ive got alot bigger USB sticks ..like 32 gig but thats a wee much and thats the thing i absolutely hate about radio..to many bloody adverts..i even mute them on my tv..yup i hate em .

PR19_Kit

At last I've got somewhere with the Swallow, it's had its first primer coat, and it's on its 3-4th PSR session.

It's slowly getting there............

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Its got primer so its a plane now..not a pile of plastic covered in putty ..lovely work mate  :thumbsup:

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 11, 2022, 11:39:22 AM
It's slowly getting there............

Certainly looking very cool so far
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 11, 2022, 01:52:33 PM

Its got primer so its a plane now..not a pile of plastic covered in putty ..lovely work mate  :thumbsup:

Ain't THAT the truth!

Regards
Kit