Group Build 2022/2023 Poll - Round 2

Started by NARSES2, April 01, 2022, 06:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Round 2 of the 2022/2023 Group Build Poll Pick Up To Three

Eighties for Ever. Anything that could have been operational in the 1980's. Old, new or refurbished beyond recognition.
10 (26.3%)
Falklands 40th Anniversary Build. Enter something from the 1982 Falklands/Malvinas War
6 (15.8%)
The Logistics GB. "The amateurs discuss tactics, the professionals logistics", Napoleon.  Enter something that primarily serves in a transport/logistics role.
15 (39.5%)
The Lend Lease GB. Either equipment on loan to the UK or being loaned by the UK to another Government.
2 (5.3%)
Raiders of the Spare Parts Bin. A kit bash delight as it doesn't have to resemble any real world man made object.
10 (26.3%)
The Lightning, Hunter and Canberra GB
13 (34.2%)
The 50's GB. Anything designed, proposed, built or used between 1/1/1950 and 31/12/1959
11 (28.9%)
The Decade you were Born GB. Build a model representative of the decade in which you were born.
1 (2.6%)
The re-engined GB. Anything with a visibly different engine than in real life.
10 (26.3%)
The Anachronism GB. For example WWII aircraft in modern livery or vice versa.
3 (7.9%)
The 1946 GB
6 (15.8%)
The Science Fiction GB
9 (23.7%)
The Africa GB
2 (5.3%)
The Asia GB
0 (0%)
The Australasia GB (Includes Pacific nations and Antarctica)
3 (7.9%)
The Europe GB
0 (0%)
The North America GB (Includes Central America)
0 (0%)
The South America GB
1 (2.6%)
The Small Nation GB
3 (7.9%)
The Airliners GB. Create your own airline, give an existing one machines they never had, invent brand new passenger aircraft.
7 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: April 15, 2022, 06:20:06 AM

perttime

Some might feel that they should only vote if they are sure to build, draw or write something for the builds?

I don't have such compunctions....

sandiego89

Very interesting. Excited about a few leading contenders with ideas and victims already in my head (who am I kidding I can always buy more), and can accept most of the other nominations.   

I do think it is nice that many of those voting are seemingly ones that actually participate in the GB's!  A small but esteemed group on here!  Love this hobby and site.   

3 votes about perfect Chris- nicely done.     
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Knightflyer

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 10, 2022, 07:22:08 AM
I voted for Kodos!

And that didn't turn out too well if I remember correctly ?!?  :wacko:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Steel Penguin

as the t-shirt says.
" dont blame me   I voted for Voldemort "

or " why settle for the lesser evil  Vote cuthullu "
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 10, 2022, 07:30:33 AM
as the t-shirt says.
" dont blame me   I voted for Voldemort "

or " why settle for the lesser evil  Vote cuthullu "

Vote Giant Meteor 20xx! Just end it already!
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

I only ask if the logistics gb could be a bit later. I would really like to finish something before starting another. I do have something planned for this gb no matter what. That sounds a little silly I suppose. Just schedule it whenever you like.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on April 10, 2022, 10:29:30 PM
I only ask if the logistics gb could be a bit later. I would really like to finish something before starting another. I do have something planned for this gb no matter what. That sounds a little silly I suppose. Just schedule it whenever you like.

Well the precursor to the main GB season will be the One Week Build as always with the main season kicking off on 1st July. Now I normally start with the winner of the Poll but that's not set in stone and if enough people wanted it delayed then it's o skin off my nose.  :thumbsup:

Just a little concerned from an organisational point of view that we have a tie for third place at the moment. Brain has already started thinking in terms of a run off.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

McColm

Still a three-way tie for fourth place.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est