Group Build 2022/2023 Poll - Round 2

Started by NARSES2, April 01, 2022, 06:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Round 2 of the 2022/2023 Group Build Poll Pick Up To Three

Eighties for Ever. Anything that could have been operational in the 1980's. Old, new or refurbished beyond recognition.
10 (26.3%)
Falklands 40th Anniversary Build. Enter something from the 1982 Falklands/Malvinas War
6 (15.8%)
The Logistics GB. "The amateurs discuss tactics, the professionals logistics", Napoleon.  Enter something that primarily serves in a transport/logistics role.
15 (39.5%)
The Lend Lease GB. Either equipment on loan to the UK or being loaned by the UK to another Government.
2 (5.3%)
Raiders of the Spare Parts Bin. A kit bash delight as it doesn't have to resemble any real world man made object.
10 (26.3%)
The Lightning, Hunter and Canberra GB
13 (34.2%)
The 50's GB. Anything designed, proposed, built or used between 1/1/1950 and 31/12/1959
11 (28.9%)
The Decade you were Born GB. Build a model representative of the decade in which you were born.
1 (2.6%)
The re-engined GB. Anything with a visibly different engine than in real life.
10 (26.3%)
The Anachronism GB. For example WWII aircraft in modern livery or vice versa.
3 (7.9%)
The 1946 GB
6 (15.8%)
The Science Fiction GB
9 (23.7%)
The Africa GB
2 (5.3%)
The Asia GB
0 (0%)
The Australasia GB (Includes Pacific nations and Antarctica)
3 (7.9%)
The Europe GB
0 (0%)
The North America GB (Includes Central America)
0 (0%)
The South America GB
1 (2.6%)
The Small Nation GB
3 (7.9%)
The Airliners GB. Create your own airline, give an existing one machines they never had, invent brand new passenger aircraft.
7 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: April 15, 2022, 06:20:06 AM

McColm

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 14, 2022, 07:47:11 AM
Quote from: McColm on April 14, 2022, 06:47:42 AM
I'm happy with fourth place  :thumbsup:

Which one? There are 3 of them. :unsure:
Raiders of the spares bin, starring Harrison Ford. As he goes off to search for another mysterious object in the depths of the spare parts archives.

NARSES2

Right that's it I'm calling it a day, so the Poll is closed.

The winners are :

With 15 Votes - The Logistics GB
With 13 votes - The Lightning, Hunter and Canberra GB.
With 11 votes - The 50's GB.

Thankyou to all who voted  :thumbsup:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Right the provisional 2022/2023 GB Season running dates are as follows. They are not written in stone so if anyone has any reason for wanting a rearrangement of the running order let me know. I can't amend the actual slots themselves I'm afraid as the schedule as always is very tight.

The Annual One Week Build - Sat 11th June to Sun 19th June. (I can move this so it runs 18th June/26th June if necessary)

1st July to 30th September - The Lightning, Hunter and Canberra GB.
1st November to 31st January - The Logistics GB
1st March to 31st May - The 50's GB. Anything designed, proposed, built or used between 1/1/1950 and 31/12/1959.

Now I have a Moderator for the One Week build, thanks Dave  :thumbsup:, but will be needing Moderators for the other 3. So think about it. I'll be calling for them in a few days.

It's been suggested that we separate the LHC and 50's GB's so there's no danger of them running into each other. It's a sensible idea so I've separated them.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'll Mod either the LHC or the 50's if you like Chris.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

TomZ

I'll volunteer for the logistics or the 50s one.
As non Brit, I don't have so much affinity with the Lightning, Hunter, Canberra thing.....

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

Noted gents, with thanks.

Tom can I take you for the Logistics GB and Zen' can I take you for the LHC ?

zenrat

Fred

crudebuteffective

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 15, 2022, 05:50:11 AM
Right the provisional 2022/2023 GB Season running dates are as follows. They are not written in stone so if anyone has any reason for wanting a rearrangement of the running order let me know. I can't amend the actual slots themselves I'm afraid as the schedule as always is very tight.

The Annual One Week Build - Sat 11th June to Sun 19th June. (I can move this so it runs 18th June/26th June if necessary)

1st July to 30th September - The Logistics GB
1st November to 31st January - The Lightning, Hunter and Canberra GB.
1st March to 31st May - The 50's GB. Anything designed, proposed, built or used between 1/1/1950 and 31/12/1959.

Now I have a Moderator for the One Week build, thanks Dave  :thumbsup:, but will be needing Moderators for the other 3. So think about it. I'll be calling for them in a few days.

put me down to moderate one
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

kerick

All looks good to me. I'll have to dig out my logistics project box.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TomZ

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 15, 2022, 06:22:30 AM
Noted gents, with thanks.

Tom can I take you for the Logistics GB and Zen' can I take you for the LHC ?

Deal!

TomZ

AeroplaneDriver

Could I respectfully note that there is the potential for overlap between the Lightning/Hunter/Canberra build and the 50s build...would it possibly make more sense to break them up a bit by having the Logistics build between the two instead of having them back to back?

Like the selection though.  Will definitely be in for at least two of the three if not all three.    :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

TomZ

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 15, 2022, 09:50:05 AM
Could I respectfully note that there is the potential for overlap between the Lightning/Hunter/Canberra build and the 50s build...would it possibly make more sense to break them up a bit by having the Logistics build between the two instead of having them back to back?

A Canberra transport version from the 1950s?   ;D ;D

TomZ

kitnut617

Quote from: TomZ on April 15, 2022, 10:09:04 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 15, 2022, 09:50:05 AM

A Canberra transport version from the 1950s?   ;D ;D

TomZ

Did Simon (Mossie) get his finished
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

You could put in a exempt clause so it doesn't include the LHC.