Group Build 2022/2023 Poll - Round 2

Started by NARSES2, April 01, 2022, 06:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Round 2 of the 2022/2023 Group Build Poll Pick Up To Three

Eighties for Ever. Anything that could have been operational in the 1980's. Old, new or refurbished beyond recognition.
10 (26.3%)
Falklands 40th Anniversary Build. Enter something from the 1982 Falklands/Malvinas War
6 (15.8%)
The Logistics GB. "The amateurs discuss tactics, the professionals logistics", Napoleon.  Enter something that primarily serves in a transport/logistics role.
15 (39.5%)
The Lend Lease GB. Either equipment on loan to the UK or being loaned by the UK to another Government.
2 (5.3%)
Raiders of the Spare Parts Bin. A kit bash delight as it doesn't have to resemble any real world man made object.
10 (26.3%)
The Lightning, Hunter and Canberra GB
13 (34.2%)
The 50's GB. Anything designed, proposed, built or used between 1/1/1950 and 31/12/1959
11 (28.9%)
The Decade you were Born GB. Build a model representative of the decade in which you were born.
1 (2.6%)
The re-engined GB. Anything with a visibly different engine than in real life.
10 (26.3%)
The Anachronism GB. For example WWII aircraft in modern livery or vice versa.
3 (7.9%)
The 1946 GB
6 (15.8%)
The Science Fiction GB
9 (23.7%)
The Africa GB
2 (5.3%)
The Asia GB
0 (0%)
The Australasia GB (Includes Pacific nations and Antarctica)
3 (7.9%)
The Europe GB
0 (0%)
The North America GB (Includes Central America)
0 (0%)
The South America GB
1 (2.6%)
The Small Nation GB
3 (7.9%)
The Airliners GB. Create your own airline, give an existing one machines they never had, invent brand new passenger aircraft.
7 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: April 15, 2022, 06:20:06 AM

sandiego89

Quote from: TomZ on April 15, 2022, 06:02:54 AM

As non Brit, I don't have so much affinity with the Lightning, Hunter, Canberra thing.....

Shhh we are not supposed to say that in a UK heavy forum, you might get banned.... ;D  (I once did opine in a forum that while the EE Lightning had blistering performance, it was a bit overrated and was a "one-trick pony"; still recovering from the incoming... 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

McColm

Quote from: sandiego89 on April 15, 2022, 01:57:45 PM

As non Brit, I don't have so much affinity with the Lightning, Hunter, Canberra thing.....

Shhh we are not supposed to say that in a UK heavy forum, you might get banned.... ;D  (I once did opine in a forum that while the EE Lightning had blistering performance, it was a bit overrated and was a "one-trick pony"; still recovering from the incoming...
The USAF flies foreign aircraft for it's test and  evaluation, so does most of the NATO countries and there's always those goodwill visits.

kitbasher

Well done Chris for organising/running the votes.  I foresee some interesting GB builds over the next 12 months.

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 15, 2022, 09:50:05 AM
Could I respectfully note that there is the potential for overlap between the Lightning/Hunter/Canberra build and the 50s build...would it possibly make more sense to break them up a bit by having the Logistics build between the two instead of having them back to back?

That's a very good idea 👍

I'll volunteer for the logistics or the 50s one.

TomZ

😱 Even though the Netherlands operated all three??

In Whifworld, at least.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Mossie

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 15, 2022, 11:20:40 AM
A Canberra transport version from the 1950s?   ;D ;D

TomZ

Did Simon (Mossie) get his finished

Fraid not, this was as far as I got:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Steel Penguin

darn shame Mossie  that looks splendid  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Flyer

So I shouldn't add "horribly shaped and hard to look at" to that then... :-X
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

kitbasher

Quote from: Flyer on April 16, 2022, 03:48:57 AM

😱
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 15, 2022, 09:50:05 AM
Could I respectfully note that there is the potential for overlap between the Lightning/Hunter/Canberra build and the 50s build...would it possibly make more sense to break them up a bit by having the Logistics build between the two instead of having them back to back?

I think that's a sensible idea so I'll switch the provisional dates.

I must admit that if I'd had a tie to deal with I was musing on how I could combine them.

Amended provisional GB running dates

1st July to 30th September - The Lightning, Hunter and Canberra GB.
1st November to 31st January - The Logistics GB
1st March to 31st May - The 50's GB. Anything designed, proposed, built or used between 1/1/1950 and 31/12/1959.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 16, 2022, 03:42:46 AM

I've got it on my lap now, trying to recall the incantations to summon the lost spirits of Mojo...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Quote from: Mossie on April 16, 2022, 05:52:14 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 16, 2022, 03:42:46 AM

I've got it on my lap now, trying to recall the incantations to summon the lost spirits of Mojo...

Been there too Simon ---

As an aside, if anyone has plans to follow Simon's effort, I've come across another donor for the front end. Sword does a Hawker Beechcraft U-125A kit (which is based on the 125-800 version). It has a couple of bonuses if you use one, first it doesn't have the raised fuselage over the cockpit area, second it has a rounded windshield instead of that sharp edged center, and third, it has an extended fuselage with hardly any windows (except a very large observation window and two smaller ones to each side)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Flyer

Quote from: kitbasher on April 16, 2022, 05:13:57 AM

😱

Well I suppose it's not that bad of a looker, it's only really the wing shape I don't like about it. Your PR.8 went a long way to fixing that for me. ;) :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

PR19_Kit

Yes, that Sword U-125A is a peach of a kit. I got one a couple of years ago and keep on looking at it, but not building.........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: Flyer on April 16, 2022, 06:30:28 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on April 16, 2022, 05:13:57 AM

😱

Well I suppose it's not that bad of a looker, it's only really the wing shape I don't like about it. Your PR.8 went a long way to fixing that for me. ;) :thumbsup:

You're too kind.  Flattery will get you everywhere though 😉

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 16, 2022, 09:29:23 AM
Yes, that Sword U-125A is a peach of a kit. I got one a couple of years ago and keep on looking at it, but not building.........  :banghead:

I'm going to turn my one into an AEW with FASS domes ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kerick

Quote from: Mossie on April 16, 2022, 12:59:19 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on April 15, 2022, 11:20:40 AM
A Canberra transport version from the 1950s?   ;D ;D

TomZ

Did Simon (Mossie) get his finished

Fraid not, this was as far as I got:

That would look like a mini Nimrod with the nose and tail radomes. Maybe a test and development of radar and such?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise