Handley Page Harpy.

Started by zenrat, April 05, 2022, 04:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Have a look on Kingkit as they sell complete and uncomplete kits (scrapyard).

zenrat

Lindberg 1/96 Victor.

I had chopped up a Hasegawa F-106 to use as a fuselage donor but the problem with just stuffing a fuselage in the gap is it will look like an <insert name of donor plane> with Victor wings rather than a flying wing.  I want a flying wing.
I shall be panelling the gap.

Today I added more structural reinforcement in the gap and fitted the panel between the nose into which the nose gear box will fit.

If the Matchbox/Revell 1/72 Victor's selling price reflected it's quality and fit (rather than the delusions of those selling them) they would be perfect for a nice big version of this.
Having said that, I do have a 1/72 Contrail Valiant a very nice man form this forum gifted me...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

If I ever do the 72nd one ( I have a Matchbox Victor somewhere to use), I was planning on using a Canberra B8 fuselage. Add a Vulcan style canopy and back end and it could look rather different.

May be worth trying to get a wrecked Victor, ideal if you only want the wing.

As to your Valiant. How about a canard version instead? Think Vickers Type C.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

I've never built a vac form Lee, so just getting the wings together might be a struggle. 
Still, i'll never know if I don't try.  How hard can it be?
:unsure:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Rat

Quote from: McColm on April 06, 2022, 01:57:33 AM
Quote from: Flyer on April 06, 2022, 12:44:45 AM
Cool, I like the shape and engine position that gives, I may need to borrow this idea as a basis for a Boomerang III.

Is there a 1/144 Victor kit?
Yes there's several and even a 1/96 scale.

Lincoln International did one in the well-known 1/153rd, ( ;D) if my measurements and calculations were correct.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2022, 04:00:51 AM
I want a flying wing.
I approve this project, personally. But do as you want, of course. ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Wooksta!

Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2022, 04:46:22 AM
I've never built a vac form Lee, so just getting the wings together might be a struggle. 
Still, i'll never know if I don't try.  How hard can it be?
:unsure:

I've yet to try a vac form that big, despite having a considerable number tucked away. The Contrail Valiant is known for being challenging. It can't be as bad as the Mach poo one.

Take your time, sand a bit, test fit, and sand again. There are various ways of doing it and whatever works for you best is ideal. Bugger convention and experts.
Priming the parts first will also help.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

buzzbomb

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 06, 2022, 05:14:38 AM
Take your time, sand a bit, test fit, and sand again. There are various ways of doing it and whatever works for you best is ideal. Bugger convention and experts.
Priming the parts first will also help.

What he said. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Still the Victor version looks like a great project as well.

Having said that, I do have a 1/72 Contrail Valiant a very nice man form this forum gifted me...
You are most welcome ;)
..and once you have done your magic with the Valiant, I have a Contrail Nimrod in a box somewhere as well  ;D

Flyer

Lindberg 1/96 Victor.

Oh, ok. I thought it was a 1/72 model, maybe a 1/144 size would suit my 1/72 needs after all...

Or I could just say bugger it and build another tailess aircraft from a smaller conventional aircraft like I did with my Boomerang II that started out a P-38.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out Fred. :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Dizzyfugu

Well, seeing the model from this angle you could also create a Luft '46 thing from it - this resembles one of the "1.000x1.000x1.000" jet bomber designs (The one from Focke Wulf comes very close to this, and there were the Messerschmitt P.1108 and there a Heinkel design with a T-tail that comes close, too) a lot!  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

Planet have a kit available, as does Unicraft.   There's allegedly an injection one coming but I can't remember who.

The Heinkel design was apparently drawn up post war when the designers were in US custody.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

Thanks Thomas mate...thats the idea i was trying to describe  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

loupgarou

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 06, 2022, 03:22:15 AM
Think Great Wall Hobby do a mk2 Victor, Mikro Mir do a 144th B1, although Mr Putin may have caused issues with distribution.

Looks like the 96th Lindberg kit.

Packed also by Revell.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

The Wooksta!

I had a Revell boxedd Lindberg one, and a Vulcan, but Howard got it in a clear out some years back.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

McColm

Why not just glue the two wings together and put a canopy glazing on top, to create a flying wing. You could add a couple of tail fins from the Grumman E-2 Hawkeye if you got one something similar to the YB-49.