Handley Page Harpy.

Started by zenrat, April 05, 2022, 04:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 12, 2022, 08:15:31 AM
Needs a nose cone.  Front end just looks wrong without it.  I'd also put in some sort of spine aft of the canopy for drag and and airflow reasons.
According to me, no need of nose cone. :unsure:
"wrong" is almost synonym to "what-if". ;)
Engineer"s reasons are not mandatory for dreamers. ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

Quote from: Tophe on April 12, 2022, 08:18:47 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 12, 2022, 08:15:31 AM
Needs a nose cone.  Front end just looks wrong without it.  I'd also put in some sort of spine aft of the canopy for drag and and airflow reasons.
According to me, no need of nose cone. :unsure:
"wrong" is almost synonym to "what-if". ;)
Engineer"s reasons are not mandatory for dreamers. ;D
Just add some gun barrels to the nose and rear.

zenrat

Having made a mess of the vac form Probably Vampire canopy I took another dive in the clear parts box.
Don't know what it's off (answers on a postcard to the usual address) but I like how it looks and have been building up a surround for it.

Handley page Harpy WIP 24-04-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

ericr

Old Wombat

I like how the aircraft looks (new canopy's pretty decent, too)! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

I was thinking that Lee.  I've built Airfix (A8), Hasegawa (D), and Eduard (Grünherz double combo boxing) 190s so if any of them have optional glazing that could be it.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

The Wooksta!

Hasegawa D came with optional hoods.  Looks like the old tool, as it had the solid part of the hood moulded with the fuselage.  Innacurate kit, but highly enjoyable to build.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

Thats the right canopy for this build Fred ..its the right everything and really sets the shape off now  ;D
I dont know if its a 190 canopy tho..ive looked at a profile book ive got ..it looks to high at the back..that might be the angle of the pic tho but looking at the drawings it like the back angles down quite sharply on all verions except the A-8/U1 (dual seater) and nope i have no idea what it is but its prefect .
Still waiting for a TA 152 to show up so i can buy one     <_<...big time fan of all butcher birds.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

It doesn't look like a 190 canopy as the solid bit that slides back is moulded integral with the fuselage in many 190 kits pre-1997.  Definitely the old tool Hasegawa D, as I know Fred built one of those.

As for Ta 152, in 72nd, you've a choice of Aoshima*, ARBA (resin copy of the Frog kit), Art Model (possibly a copy of the Dragon kit), Dragon/Cyber Hobby, Frog, Revell (Frog tooling) and Tsukuda.  Hasegawa *might* have reboxed the Frog kit when they had their tie up, which could explain the Tsukuda boxing.

*Aoshima did at least two, possibly three tools for the Ta 152H that I know of - an H-0 and an H-1, and released in several different boxes.  Kora reboxed the Aoshima with resin bits to do the B, E, and S variants.  If you're going 72nd, get the Aoshima, as it's a cracking kit to build, although the cockpit is a tad sparse.

Dragon did a C.

48th.  Dragon did the H from the Trimaster tools, and later reboxed by Italeri.  Hobbyboss have done various Ta 152C variants.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

Lee mate it will be a Hobbyboss 48th TA152 for sure ..i did some looking on a auction site here and theres 2 TA152s on the site but its a international seller with to many negative feed backs for my liking so wont be dealing with that dude and besides ive got a few kits to play to keep me happy for sometime yet  ;D
As for Freds model...that canopy works like it was made for it.
Tell ya one thing Lee..if i have any questions on kits i think your gonna be at the top of the list  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I have a 1/72 Art Model Ta 152 in the stash.

Here is the Hasegawa Dora in the process of being built.  As Lee says, the solid part of the sliding canopy is moulded with the rest of the fuselage.
SAP FW190D WIP 31-01-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Tophe

(far from the Harpy subject but) good & civilan it seems which I like :thumbsup:

zenrat

Alas Tophe it kept its guns as it is a Pirate hunter.  Part of the Southern Air Patrol put together by Victoria, South Australia, and Tasmania to try and stop the Sky Pirates of the Nullarbor Coast.

But this one is an unarmed racer.
FW190 Martini Racing 07 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred