Handley Page Harpy.

Started by zenrat, April 05, 2022, 04:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Its either my eyes or mind playing silly buggers but i still cant see it but that makes no never mind anyway..still looks perfect  :thumbsup:
Ya know ive been thinking of all the 1/72 scale model planes i had as a kid and i never had a TA152 ..i did have 190s tho ..early ones like the A3/A8 but no D models..i know as i got older my tastes have changed alot and alot of that is to do with you guys  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Hasegawa FW190 Anton (1976 mould) has the same clear parts sprue as the same vintage 190 Dora.  This is good news as I have managed to get a spot of glue on the one I have been using as a template to build up the Harpy fuselage.

Don't know if my tastes have changed but i'm convinced that 1/72 models were bigger when I was a kid.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2022, 03:32:41 AM
Hasegawa FW190 Anton (1976 mould) has the same clear parts sprue as the same vintage 190 Dora.  This is good news as I have managed to get a spot of glue on the one I have been using as a template to build up the Harpy fuselage.

Don't know if my tastes have changed but i'm convinced that 1/72 models were bigger when I was a kid.
:lol: :lol:  ..ya know i have had that exact same problem   ;D
I had the Monogram B36 Peacemaker amd i remember that being huge..my LHS had one on display a while back and i dont remember it being that small..bloody sure bigmacs were bigger too.

Well since you marked your first canopy you dont need to be that careful with it now.. :thumbsup:..makes life a wee bit easier ..my next nut ball plane ill have to be damn careful as the canopy is made up of 5 pieces ..thats gonna make masking a right pain.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I am annoyed I marked the first canopy.  That kit cost me a whopping $AU 5.
The Anton the second canopy came from was $AU 7.50 so i'll have to be extra carefull.  The extra $AU 2.50 was probably for the transfers as they look like they might actually be viable.
Good looking scheme if they are.
Focke-Wulf FW 190A by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

Do you mean Aus $ not US $? (I would make the conversion to understand)

zenrat

Fred

Tophe

all right, today 1 Aussie $ = 0.71 US $ (according to yahoo conversion), thanks.

Wardukw

Fred mate you've gotta be more careful...ya cant just go throwing money like that out of the window  :wacko:..punt intended  :lol:
I did something yesterday which im happy about ..looked on trademe (auction site here ) and found a TA-152 in 48th from Dargon and put a bid on it  ;D
I know the Dragon kit has issues ..its not that great from what ive read but i dont care..ive got my foot in the door mate and the best thing is its from a seller here in NZ  :thumbsup:

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on April 28, 2022, 03:40:12 AM
That kit cost me a whopping $AU 5.
[

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 28, 2022, 12:45:49 PM
Fred mate you've gotta be more careful...ya cant just go throwing money like that out of the window  :wacko:..

Uh, are you both joking? 5 US$ (and 5 AU $ = 3.5 US $ = 3.5 €) is not huge at all for me, am I a billionaire without knowing it? :unsure:

Wardukw

Quote from: Tophe on April 28, 2022, 03:02:28 PM
Quote from: zenrat on April 28, 2022, 03:40:12 AM
That kit cost me a whopping $AU 5.
[

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 28, 2022, 12:45:49 PM
Fred mate you've gotta be more careful...ya cant just go throwing money like that out of the window  :wacko:..

Uh, are you both joking? 5 US$ (and 5 AU $ = 3.5 US $ = 3.5 €) is not huge at all for me, am I a billionaire without knowing it? :unsure:
Tophe mate..are we joking?? Yeah course we are  ;D
A fiver is nothing for a model these days not when you can pay $50NZ for a 72nd F15 which you can here .
Still annoying tho when ya knacker or scratch a canopy ..sometimes quite hard to replace .

Tophe

zenrat

It was sarcasm Tophe.  Those are very low prices.  I got them both at a model show swap and sell.

Today I painted the cockpit and glued on the top plate (the piece the canopy attaches to).
So now PSR begins...

Fred

Tophe

Thanks for the explanation.
Sorry English is not my mother language, it is not easy for me to guess the tone of voices (especially on written words) :unsure: ;)

The Wooksta!

Still think it needs a radar nosecone, something less draggy than that blunt nose.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic