Handley Page Harpy.

Started by zenrat, April 05, 2022, 04:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2022, 06:04:07 AM

Thanks guys.  I'll be rethinking my paintjob then.  NMF is out of the question unless I rescribe it* but maybe anti-flash white with the pale roundels and P on the tails...

Just like the AW52, which it resembles in a slight way.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2022, 05:23:37 AM
Tails is on.  I went for an outboard position so as to increase turning moment from the rudders.

A few licks of putty, a check coat of primer, and this'll be ready for paint.

When did the RAF stop painting prototypes camo over yellow with the P in the circle?

Handley Page Harpy WIP 10-06-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Good work, Fred, keep it coming 👍

Don't take this the wrong way, but to me it has the air of the flying submarine in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

ericr

PR19_Kit

Those 'nostril' intakes work really well with the blunt nose.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Flyer

I'm liking the shape of this wing more and more each time I see it. :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

63cpe

owww yes, this is looking great! :wub: :wub:

David aka 63cpe

Wardukw

Fred instead of making it a prototype why not have it fully operational ?
Then ya can paint it anyway ya want and no worries about the P but that just my 1.5 cents..the other half cent cost to much these days  ;D
Other than that man this is looking so good now ..the tails are much better there  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2022, 06:04:07 AM
Thanks guys.  I'll be rethinking my paintjob then.  NMF is out of the question unless I rescribe it* but maybe anti-flash white with the pale roundels and P on the tails...

*no.

A lot of the prototypes from the late 40's ; early 50's seem to have been painted in varying overall block colour schemes, so you could virtually pick any shade you fancied and stick to reality.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

The BP P.111 and its derivatives were all yellow or all black. The Avro 707s were NMF, Blue, Red, and a different Blue.

I reckon Ericr must have been on their colour scheme committee............  ;D

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitbasher on June 10, 2022, 07:46:33 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but to me it has the air of the flying submarine in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

How can that be taken the wrong way? :unsure:

The flying mini-sub was the best thing about that show! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 11, 2022, 02:17:53 AM
I reckon Ericr must have been on their colour scheme committee............  ;D

shhhh  ...   :-X ;D

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Why not an in service scheme?  Because to be honest I don't know what its role is so I can't tailor the scheme to fit.  Also I just bought a sheet of P's.

There is no hurry to decide though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Well matey taking into accordance what this brid looks like ..slim ..large foil wing and a very thin cross section she could be a high speed ..high altitude recon bird..before satellites became common place...back in a time when the pilot would be saying "smile" to ever he was flying over .
Or a high speed interceptor ..a russkie bomber buggerupperer .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Flyer

IMO not operational and also not prototype, ARDU Fanta can.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

zenrat

Could be a Yankee bomber buggerupperer if I put red stars on it...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..