Handley Page Harpy.

Started by zenrat, April 05, 2022, 04:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2022, 03:04:57 AM

Harpy WIP 3-7-22 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Each time I look at the picture above I think (it must be the arrangement of the grey edging around the white) of a Space Shuttle type aircraft, or one of the experimental lifting bodies re-entry vehicles from the 1960s ?  :rolleyes:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2022, 05:08:45 AM
Transfers printed today.  I put them on the same sheet as those for the Gnat X but these fared better.

At least it shows the printers ok.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Should look less NASA with the decals on KF.

Here's the pilot.

Harpy WIP 7-2-22 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

If that dude is 72nd then i am impressed as hell Fred.
Thats surpurb mate  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 07, 2022, 08:29:34 PM
If that dude is 72nd then i am impressed as hell Fred.
Thats surpurb mate  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Maybe (?) I have an explanation: in my language (French of France, not French of Belgium nor Switzerland) 72 is pronounced as 60-12. So this is 1/12th scale for the pilot of course (double size than 1/24th), this would explain, no?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

No Tophe mate...72nd denotes 1/72nd scale..72 times smaller than 1/1 which is based on a 6ft tall man or a 5ft 6inch women...well used to be based on that anyways.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

But such a perfection in painting at 1/72 scale is simply impossible... :unsure: ;D

McColm

Quote from: Tophe on July 08, 2022, 02:17:26 AM
But such a perfection in painting at 1/72 scale is simply impossible... :unsure: ;D
I have this problem as well, hence the different paint schemes I use for each build.

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on July 07, 2022, 05:06:31 AM

Here's the pilot.

Harpy WIP 7-2-22 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Is it just my imagination, or does the magnificently painted pilot really have a pained expression on his face?   I suppose, given where the "painting aid"   appears to have been inserted, a pained expression was to be expected!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Looks like he may enjoy one of Micheal Barrymore's pool parties.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Hahahaha Lee..id be thinking it would be a very different look if he had been to one of those  :lol:

If it was me thrn that pilot would be 1/48th for a 72nd plane with a tinted canopy  :wacko:
Simple fact is i doubt i could to that with a 48th pilot let alone a 72nd scale one.

zenrat

1/72 Pilot.  Possibly by Airfix.  The quality of the moulding makes for easier painting.
They don't always turn out that well.
He is Wing Commander His Grace Gaylord Frothington-Spunge 23rd Duke of Chalfont.  His expression is due to breeding.  He is collecting the Harpy from Handley Page for delivery to the RAE for assessment.  He thinks acting as a glorified delivery driver is beneath him.  His colleagues think he is a (very naughty word).  They are not wrong, he is.

Transfers on today.

Harpy WIP 09-07-2022 by Fred Maillardet, o

A combination of home made, Airfix Stratos IV/TSR2 (which didn't want to release from the backing paper ) and Xtradecal (which did).
Clear next and get on with the undercarriage and find the canopy I modified to fit.  Hopefully it is in the box...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

Wow; great! Just the canopy is missing (for me, needing no undercarriage) ;)
I am ready to clap my hands soon ;D