Handley Page Harpy.

Started by zenrat, April 05, 2022, 04:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Super duper Fred.. ;D ;D ;D
Cant wait to see her on her wheels  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Me too.  I'm using the 1/96 Victor wheels for the main legs and they are still on the sprues.  I am slightly concerned the wheels may be too small...
:unsure:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

This is coming along really, really well  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on July 09, 2022, 03:04:47 AM

He is Wing Commander His Grace Gaylord Frothington-Spunge 23rd Duke of Chalfont.  His expression is due to breeding.  He is collecting the Harpy from Handley Page for delivery to the RAE for assessment.  He thinks acting as a glorified delivery driver is beneath him.  His colleagues think he is a (very naughty word).  They are not wrong, he is.

I was going to say that "he" had a certain look about him, almost disdainful. Now we know why  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

I had the same problem with the landing gear for the Python too..i wanted to use the B58s but if i had it would have looked like i used wheel barrow wheels..so i used Mig29 gear instead.

Chris im pretty sure the other officers and crews had words to describe this guy and not one can be written here  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Good news on the landing gear front.  1/96 Victor wheels are plenty big enough (all 18 of them).  It is the 1/72 F106 wheels of the nose gear which are too small.  I shall replace them with Victor wheels.
I have found the canopy.  It has a slight scuff/glue mark on it.  It should polish out but if it doesn't I do have another I can modify.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2022, 04:23:26 AM

I have found the canopy.  It has a slight scuff/glue mark on it.  It should polish out but if it doesn't I do have another I can modify.

Talcum powder is useful for polishing out blemishes, and your model smells "interesting"  afterwards.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

I usually use metal polish.
Fred

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on July 10, 2022, 05:45:15 AM
I usually use metal polish.

Extremely efficient, but it doesn't smell as good  (or in some cases utterly revolting).   Besides, I can never find the metal polish in our household when I need it.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

I use toothpaste, works a treat, but gets a bit 'foamy' at times.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 10, 2022, 05:51:31 AM
I use toothpaste, works a treat, but gets a bit 'foamy' at times.

That's what I tend to use as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Wow... both the pilot and the Harpy are looking great, Fred! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Thanks.

Satin clear went on today.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Looking VERY smart Fred.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit