A Pair of Tempest II's

Started by NARSES2, May 01, 2022, 06:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 09, 2022, 05:42:03 AMGetting there, although hit a bit of a hiatus today. I'm determined to get one of these done for Telford now, warts and all. I blame you for this pressure Mr Zenrat.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

One of them is now ready for a thorough wash and then hopefully get it primed. Once that's done I can perhaps judge just how more psr will be required.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

I'm now having to start thinking about re-instating some of the detail that I've lost in sanding the cowling area. I can live without panel lines, apologies if that offends, and the cowl ring can be emphasised in the paint job, but the cowling has three "fastening" straps either side and I've lost a couple of those.  So as they are raised I'm going to use some narrow strips of masking tape in order to replace them and then coat with Klear as a sealer. Normal paint job should hopefully make them acceptable.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

I've now got one of the Tempests primed and it needs a little bit more work, but not as much as I expected. So I'm getting there  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Happy to hear things are going good Chris...I'm looking forward  to  seeing  these when your done  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Hopefully final bit of psr started on one of the Tempests and then I may have to consider a little bit of scribing. Think I know where I put the Dymo Tape and I've got loads of sharp needles. It's just a fraction too plain up the "blunt" end  :-\

NARSES2

Well I walked past these two this morning and they looked at me with their big brown eyes and whined a bit.  :angel:  When I picked them up I was surprised to find that one was actually ready for it's paintwork and the other ready for it's final, hopefully, primer session. I'd forgotten just how far I'd got. Anyway I've reminded myself of my plans and paintwork will commence  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 28, 2023, 06:29:06 AMWell I walked past these two this morning and they looked at me with their big brown eyes and whined a bit.  :angel:  When I picked them up I was surprised to find that one was actually ready for it's paintwork and the other ready for it's final, hopefully, primer session. I'd forgotten just how far I'd got. Anyway I've reminded myself of my plans and paintwork will commence  :thumbsup:

I have started writing things like that down and putting them on a Word document or putting notes inside the boxes as the time between planning purchasing and anything else is getting longer than my memory  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on February 28, 2023, 09:36:45 AMI have started writing things like that down and putting them on a Word document or putting notes inside the boxes as the time between planning purchasing and anything else is getting longer than my memory  :-\

Gondor

I have an A4 notepad and it was looking at that, that reminded me  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Progress  :thumbsup:

The Tiger Force one has her uppers painted and masked off ready for lower surfaces. SEAC example has her white ID stripes painted and masked off.

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Some progress. The Tiger Force aircraft has had her paintwork completed and will now get her transfers, whilst the SEAC one has had her underside painted and masked, so upper paintwork can begin.

NARSES2

Tiger force one has had her transfers applied and canopy painted. I've started on the undercarriage so hopefully more progress this coming week. Not much progress on the SEAC one apart from painting the undercarriage bays, and insides of undercarriage doors, but I'm hoping to start on the top colours this week.

NARSES2

Tiger Force Tempest is just about ready for its matt varnish coat and what do I spot ? Another, "you stupid so and so Edwards" moment. I've managed to get the 20mm cannon barrel inserts so that the one that protrudes farthest from the wing is on the left of its pair on both sides  :banghead: