A Pair of Tempest II's

Started by NARSES2, May 01, 2022, 06:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 05, 2022, 12:18:41 PM

Like yrs ago when i got poked in the spine for a advanced blood test and the doc hit the wrong nerve..my left leg kicked out and i broke the hospital bed by snapping of the handle at the end of it..tore the mount off the bed..their mistake  :lol:..i didnt feel a bloody thing  ;D

;D

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 05, 2022, 05:48:01 AM
The cockpits are just about done now, just need the seat belts, which KP supply as transfers.

The KP ones worked very well, and came off the backing sheet almost instantly. Each belt is in 5 pieces so there is some variation in how you can pose them. Only problem is, they are not mentioned on the instructions at all. I think I may have mentioned previously that the instructions are a little interesting ?  :angel: Seriously though they let down the kit.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

TBH, I like all of the decal options for the Tempest II & VI, I just can't justify the cost buying them all.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Scotaidh

NHS may be free, but they take their sweet time.  My dad needed cataracts done, and he ended up going over to France to have the surgery.  Yes, he had to pay for it, but it was worth it to him not to plow over pedestrians with his mobility scooter!  Also, the results of the surgery were excellent!  :)

Just my tuppence ...
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Wardukw

That sounds alot like the health system here ..absolutely crap..my mum amd dad moved to Australia and they treated my perents like royalty compared to here..if they had stayed here my dad would have died maybe a yr or so later..in Oz my dad lived for damn near 21 yrs..hes passed now but hell i love the Aussies for how they treated my folks.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 06, 2022, 06:41:30 AM
TBH, I like all of the decal options for the Tempest II & VI, I just can't justify the cost buying them all.

If you want mine your welcome Lee. I won't be using them on my builds
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I have just looked at the Mk.5 instructions as I found out why there are two sets of wheels and I see what you mean about the gun barrels, some kind of crazy there. The wheels with more than four spokes are for the Mk.v series 1 while averything else used the four spoke wheels and of course there will be pictures somewhere to prove that staitment wrong but it works as a general rule of thumb.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Just test fitted a pair of KP wheels onto the Airfix kit's legs after drilling out the wheel hub to 1.2mm diameter so they will fit. They look nice, depending on how well you paint them  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Made a return to one of these yesterday and glued the wings together and then offered it up to the fuselage. It just slipped into place and the fit was almost perfect. Will need a little psr, but very little. So apart from the cowling issues the rest of the kit fits as well as their Mk V, which it should really as the sprues are the same  :angel:

I've got a third one which I haven't started yet, but I will wait until these two are complete as I want to try  a different approach with the cowling to see if that gives a better fit.

NARSES2

Making slow progress on these two, but it is progress, although I spoke to soon about the wing fit  :-\. One fitted well enough but the other will need a fair bit of p.s.r which I will start this week. It's all down to the 4 part cowling and the bottom piece in particular, if you get the fit even the slightest out of true then you've got some problems. I'm hoping that the construction method I'm planning for the third kit will alleviate the problem, but we shall see.

NARSES2

PSR, PSR, PSR to the tune of "'ere we go"  :rolleyes:

Wardukw

Ill be singing the same tune Chris on my next 3 builds .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Just to show that I am making progress and it's not just a figment of my imagination

The Wooksta!

As hard work as they may have been, they cannot be as vile a fit as the Special Hobby.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

At least i hope your not thinking your seeing double Chris  :lol:

Old Wombat

Well, if he is, at least there's a reasonable explanation for it. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est