A Pair of Tempest II's

Started by NARSES2, May 01, 2022, 06:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 14, 2022, 08:24:51 AM
As hard work as they may have been, they cannot be as vile a fit as the Special Hobby.

I have that kit Lee, but have never got around to it even though it's one of my favourite aircraft. Always looked clumsy in the box.

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 14, 2022, 01:54:23 PM
At least i hope your not thinking your seeing double Chris  :lol:

I have a third one still to start  ;)  I might start it next week as I've an idea on how to circumvent the cowling issues and if it works....... ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Seeing tripple ?? christ that could lead to trouble  :lol:
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 15, 2022, 05:49:22 AM
Well, if he is, at least there's a reasonable explanation for it. ;)
:lol: glad i havent gotten to that stage yet ..but im afraid its only a matter of time  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Still progressing with the PSR, but "structural PSR" is more or less finished so it's now down to the "cosmetic PSR" a lot of which is down to me.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Chris, do you know if the KP MkV and MkII kits both come with two noses?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on July 18, 2022, 06:26:24 AM
Chris, do you know if the KP MkV and MkII kits both come with two noses?

Having bought all three of the "base" kits I can say that the Mk.V only comes with the nose for that version but the Mk.II/2 and Mk.VI/6 both have three noses.

Mk. II/2, Mk.V and the VI/6 as the fuselage end of the wings on the V were not extended forwards to have radiators and coolers as the VI/6 did.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Indeed.  Buy either the F.2 or the F.6 and you'll have all the bits for those, plus the F.V too.

They're better value for money.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 18, 2022, 06:46:42 AM
Indeed.  Buy either the F.2 or the F.6 and you'll have all the bits for those, plus the F.V too.

They're better value for money.

Whence why in my Blog on here I'm offering spare Sabre engines  ;D

PR19_Kit

Eh? So you buy a radial engined II and you get the bits for a V and a VI as well?

Of course I bought a V, and that only comes with a Sabre...  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 18, 2022, 07:45:48 AM
Eh? So you buy a radial engined II and you get the bits for a V and a VI as well?

Of course I bought a V, and that only comes with a Sabre...  :banghead:

So did I kit which is why I know and have never bought the KP kit of the V again.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

OK.  Thanks guys.
Before I asked the question I ordered a II and a V.  As I want to also build something with twin sabres i'd better order another II or a VI.  Probably a VI so I have one of each.  Easier to justify it to SWMBO if she catches on...

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 19, 2022, 05:07:22 AM
OK.  Thanks guys.
Before I asked the question I ordered a II and a V.  As I want to also build something with twin sabres i'd better order another II or a VI.  Probably a VI so I have one of each.  Easier to justify it to SWMBO if she catches on...

I know a good lawyer  ;)

Seriously though wait until you get the Mk II. It comes with a pair of Sabres (for the V & the VI) and to be honest for your purposes they might be ok. Only issue will be that you only get one pair of exhaust stubs, well I think you do anyway.

zenrat

Too late.  I ordered a VI (silver wings release).
But it doesn't count because we met our targets at work and got a $50 bonus to spend in the Post Office*.  I did what I usually do and bought an e-bay voucher (well the Post Office doesn't sell models but e-bay does) which i used part of to buy this.

*No Cartier watches for us plebs on the coal face...
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 19, 2022, 05:47:47 AM
Too late.  I ordered a VI (silver wings release).
But it doesn't count because we met our targets at work and got a $50 bonus to spend in the Post Office*.  I did what I usually do and bought an e-bay voucher (well the Post Office doesn't sell models but e-bay does) which i used part of to buy this.

*No Cartier watches fo us plebs on the coal face...

Yea, but it always "feels" better somehow when you haven't actually used your regular wages/pension  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Slow progress is being made, but we are a long way from even thinking about paint schemes yet, although I've a fair idea what each will be finished as. I need to be a bit careful with this level of psr as it's my least favourite part of this great hobby of ours and I could easily burn myself out and get into a bit of a funk again. In that case no progress would be made on anything. Therefore I need to do some psr, which I did this morning, and then come back in a couple of days. Repeating that process  until I can move on, but I WILL get there  ;D

Wardukw

You'll get there mate  ;D
Im not going myself any favours at all with my builds as they all seem to be over flowing with psr .
This cant go on or ill burn out lile your worried about ..trouble is i quite enjoy doing psr ..yeah i know mate..i not normal  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .