Blue Thunder - Operation THOR

Started by DogfighterZen, May 03, 2022, 12:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 05, 2022, 08:21:13 PM
Damn Zen i dont know how long its been since i layed eyes on one of those models..im pretty sure there still out there but for yrs i didnt even look at model planes so yeah there ya go  ;D
I know that both of the BTs i had yrs ago were 32nd scale and since we dont have revit counters here we couldnt care less about 13mm's and hell you wouldnt even notice it anyway.
Thats the best thing about wiffies ..no measurement is wrong  :lol: and with the vulcan and the angle of the tail 13mm's disappears  :thumbsup:
And as for the prices??? Holy crap pickles mate...thats day light robbery via the internet and i know theres dreamers out the but dude ..thats nuts..$163NZ for one is not worth that at all..maybe in 50yrs time but not now.
Yeah i dont think your gonna have to many issues with your build matey..as ive always said Zen mate..nothing to it but to do it  ;D

Yeah, 13mm... like that was going to make me stay awake at night! Nah, not even close, it's not noticeable and i don't care.  ;D
And yes, people get greedy and loose touch with reality when they ask for those prices. I know, collectors item and all that, but some of these kits are selling for far more money than they're worth... but the truth is, if someone is paying these ridiculous prices, i guess they're worth it for those folks so, i guess the value is in each buyer's eye cause "One man's trash is another man's treasure".  ;)
And yes, i totally agree and, in fact, i normally say that i won't learn properly if i'm not getting my hands dirty.

Quote from: Firefox on May 06, 2022, 03:08:46 AM
That's a very nice model!  :thumbsup:

Thank you ,mate!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Mossie

Fantastic, that's a really nice job, especially on the upgrades and figures.  I was a big fan of the movie as a youngster and even the short-lived TV series.  Managed to see the real machine at Disney World some years back.

Seeing it makes me wish I picked up the Aoshima kit up. I got the later pop of Airwolf, it'd be nice to have the pair.  Even they go for daft money now.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Mossie on May 06, 2022, 07:35:54 AM
Fantastic, that's a really nice job, especially on the upgrades and figures.  I was a big fan of the movie as a youngster and even the short-lived TV series.  Managed to see the real machine at Disney World some years back.

Seeing it makes me wish I picked up the Aoshima kit up. I got the later pop of Airwolf, it'd be nice to have the pair.  Even they go for daft money now.

Thank you, mate!  :thumbsup:
Yeah, it's a shame that the Aoshima kits are so expensive, i'd also like to get the Airwolf but the price has been putting me off for some time. Still, if i buy it, then i'll have to build a 1/48 Blue Thunder to have the pair in the same scale. :rolleyes: ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 06, 2022, 08:00:47 AM

Yeah, it's a shame that the Aoshima kits are so expensive, i'd also like to get the Airwolf but the price has been putting me off for some time. Still, if i buy it, then i'll have to build a 1/48 Blue Thunder to have the pair in the same scale. :rolleyes: ;D

You have a problem with this? :o

;) ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 07, 2022, 02:41:40 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 06, 2022, 08:00:47 AM

You have a problem with this? :o

;) ;D

;D Well, not really but that means that i'll have to convert a Gazelle and although it's possible, i was only going to try it if i hadn't been able to buy a kit of the BT but i've managed to buy 2... ;D  and btw, the other kit will become a different beast...  :wacko: ;)

MiB

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 07, 2022, 03:56:36 AM
  and btw, the other kit will become a different beast...  :wacko: ;)
Gulp!! I can't wait ;)
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

MiB

Quote from: frank2056 on May 05, 2022, 08:21:43 AM
The Dragon OH-6A (at least the Vietnam version) was a PITA to build
What's means PITA?
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

Old Wombat

Pain
In
The
Arse

Generally meaning difficult and/or annoying; troublesome.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 07, 2022, 05:54:29 AM
Pain
In
The
Arse

Generally meaning difficult and/or annoying; troublesome.

Like pretty much 89 percent of very model kit set out there in one form or another  ;D
Just like trying to graft to completely different shapes into one..yup im foreseeing my every own future here  :wacko:
That reminds  me ..ive gotta hunt down a set of F15 landing gear.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

If it was easy everyone would be doing it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on May 08, 2022, 04:57:45 AM
If it was easy everyone would be doing it.
Couldnt agree more Fred and bloody glad about that too.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

MiB

DogfighterZen