Ian McQue style diorama

Started by kerick, May 06, 2022, 03:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Glad you're still going with this, it'll be worth it in the end! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on May 31, 2024, 09:34:41 AMCreative Gizmology and Freeform Kitbashing, I like these terms.  :thumbsup:

As do I  ;D

I really do admire the imagination  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

*BUZZ*Click+Clunk*BEEP*BEEP*BLEEP*   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on May 31, 2024, 09:34:41 AMCreative Gizmology

Created by Shep Paine, back in the - what, 60s or 70s?

kerick

The Astromech Mk1 has another coat of white paint and the eyes on the WALL-E predecessor have been flipped around and the whole thing painted silver. I bought the Valeho weathering paint set to start trying to paint the tower. It needs a base coat of some industrial color then lots of different shades of dirt and rust. Enough to look well used but not a total junk pile. It will eventually be on a base with that generator and the shipping container. I want some sort of believable transport vehicle too. Lots to work on.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kerick

I took a mental break from the junkyard dog tonight and worked on an ancillary build for my Ian McQue project. I took down an old build off the shelf a few months ago of an old Roco minitank (I think) of the West German assault gun from the 70s Kanonenjadgpanzer that I converted to the HOT antitank missile version. It was 1/72nd scale or there abouts and I ripped off the front and have been building a 1/48th "cockpit" for it to become a tracked tug for pulling cargo around. I found the floor and one side of I think a spitfire cockpit, the seat from some other thing, made the back wall from the cockpit floor of some three seater and other parts of sheet plastic. Now I have to rebuild the areas over the tracks and add details. I'll probably paint it yellow or orange or something construction like. I found a pilot figure to fit without too much chopping but I'll have to make him look less military. Pulled out a couple of other sitting pilot figures that could be demilitarized. Checking the status of truck wheels to build a wagon out of. I've got four of what look like deuce and a half wheel from possibly a 1/48th kit. I've all day tomorrow to search through the junk boxes.
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Here's some pics to illustrate what I'm talking about. This is square one.

Some driver compartment accommodations.

At the moment this is the situation. Ready to paint, probably red with some different color replacement parts. Needs headlight and a hitch still. Seat is removed for the painting as it was already painted.

A rumble seat for a passenger to look after the cargo wagon. He better keep his head down when driving under low hanging structures!

I might do a hitch for a farm tractor with a transverse bar with multiple holes. This already has a lot of tank parts so time for something a little different.
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

zenrat

:thumbsup:

Don't forget cup holders and a CB radio.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

I painted the tug buggy good old Testors red. No paint weirdness even over the 25 year old original stuff. Touch ups are required but no biggy.
Tophe the Wise

buzzbomb

I find that super cool.  love it

Old Wombat

It has a 1960's/early-1970's Sci-Fi TV show look to it. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est