On the backs of elephants and turtles

Started by Caveman, May 07, 2022, 12:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on May 29, 2022, 07:20:04 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 29, 2022, 03:24:42 AM
time always seems to bugger off far to quickly .

That, sir, is one of the universal rules of life!!!  I think we could all do with a few more hours in the day, at some point in our lives.

Sage, Sir, Sage.
Although I always seem to be needing more... Organisation? That's for Peasants, Man! ;D

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 30, 2022, 10:13:44 PM
Quote from: Rheged on May 29, 2022, 07:20:04 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 29, 2022, 03:24:42 AM
time always seems to bugger off far to quickly .

That, sir, is one of the universal rules of life!!!  I think we could all do with a few more hours in the day, at some point in our lives.

Sage, Sir, Sage.
Although I always seem to be needing more... Organisation? That's for Peasants, Man! ;D
:lol:  :lol: Rick  ;D..trouble is with the work i do at the camp time here is very arse weird..i call it the Tapu time table..Tapu is where i live  ;D but its so slow here and man i mean slow..its like something which absolutely has to be done today no matter what can wait till next week  :o and when i go to Auckland time moves 10 times faster and having lived in Auckland for many yrs my time seems all screwed up   :lol: and i hate Auckland so cant wait to get out of there which seems to take ages ..its freakin weird dude  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 31, 2022, 01:22:59 AM
:lol:  :lol: Rick  ;D..trouble is with the work i do at the camp time here is very arse weird..i call it the Tapu time table..Tapu is where i live  ;D but its so slow here and man i mean slow..its like something which absolutely has to be done today no matter what can wait till next week  :o and when i go to Auckland time moves 10 times faster and having lived in Auckland for many yrs my time seems all screwed up   :lol: and i hate Auckland so cant wait to get out of there which seems to take ages ..its freakin weird dude  ;D

Funny how elastic ASAP can be, sometimes...  ;D

Yeah, I'm not a fan of driving in Auckland; though it's usually easier when I have a navigator and I'm not pulling over every 30 seconds to check the map...  ;D

zenrat

We have a friend in Aukland. Not seen her for 22 years but are planning a visit (Covid stopped us in 2020).
Thanks to your descriptions i'm looking forward to it even more now.   ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Damn funny thing Rick ..here at the camp i did the same thing for a mate when he had to go to Auckland  :lol:..he'd normally just say you drive  ;D
Oh Fred mate it gets even better than that..used to work in a place called Parnell..its at the bottom of Auckland city and used to live in a place called Manurewa..their about 20 ks apart..finshed work and 2 hrs later i was home  :o..Auckland traffic is sweet  :banghead: and it dont matter if ya go by road or motorway..its the same..they call Auckland the city of sails..it should be called the city of traffic lights.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 01, 2022, 05:28:55 PM
Damn funny thing Rick ..here at the camp i did the same thing for a mate when he had to go to Auckland  :lol:..he'd normally just say you drive  ;D
Oh Fred mate it gets even better than that..used to work in a place called Parnell..its at the bottom of Auckland city and used to live in a place called Manurewa..their about 20 ks apart..finshed work and 2 hrs later i was home  :o..Auckland traffic is sweet  :banghead: and it dont matter if ya go by road or motorway..its the same..they call Auckland the city of sails..it should be called the city of traffic lights.

Ah yes, the State Highway One Parking Lot (with 'thanks' to the M25 for the "inspiration")

I remember travelling back to South Auckland from the city, and if we weren't on the motorway by 1530, the trip to Drury would take 50+ mins... :banghead:

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 02, 2022, 10:14:11 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 01, 2022, 05:28:55 PM

Ah yes, the State Highway One Parking Lot (with 'thanks' to the M25 for the "inspiration")

I remember travelling back to South Auckland from the city, and if we weren't on the motorway by 1530, the trip to Drury would take 50+ mins... :banghead:
50+ mins is a pipe dream now mate..its a minimum of a hr 20 now and its bot 1530 anymore..it starts at 13 or 1400 and that depends on no prangs..if there is one all bets are off..theres many times i wished i still rode bikes  ;D..traffic ? What traffic  :lol:
When i head home ive got to drive thru all that and sometimes its like that all the way to the Bombay Hills off ramp and then..its all good..ya know i can drive from home all the way to Hamilton with out going thru a single set of traffic lights  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Went and bought myself a copy of Good Omen's for the train journey home Tuesday. Must be the third copy I'll now have  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Sure, but you've read the other ones.....  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 31, 2022, 10:11:30 PM

Cecil Northcote Parkinson  (remember  "Parkinson's Law" ?)  explained that the answer "In due course"  was  infinitely elastic in Civil Service terms.     In due course  meant a few years in terms of a major building project, a few days if answering an urgent memo,  a few hours  in terms of a train journey, a few minutes in tea making terms and a few seconds to a drowning man.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on June 04, 2022, 07:19:02 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 31, 2022, 10:11:30 PM

Cecil Northcote Parkinson  (remember  "Parkinson's Law" ?)  explained that the answer "In due course"  was  infinitely elastic in Civil Service terms.     In due course  meant a few years in terms of a major building project, a few days if answering an urgent memo,  a few hours  in terms of a train journey, a few minutes in tea making terms and a few seconds to a drowning man.

;D :thumbsup:

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 03, 2022, 12:01:44 AM
50+ mins is a pipe dream now mate..its a minimum of a hr 20 now and its bot 1530 anymore..it starts at 13 or 1400 and that depends on no prangs..if there is one all bets are off..

Yikes! And I'm thinking of heading up there in a while... welp, best plan on a lot of transit time, then. Get some good tunes or a good book to while away the time...
Thanks for the heads up.  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Your most welcome matey   ;D
Time wise if ya manage to hit say Drury at around 10am your gonna have a pretty smooth ride..its not bad now around that time and as for leaving..the earlier the better..after 3pm it turns into a freaking nightmare..no kidding it has taken me on a occasion over an hr to travel 10kms .
As for tunes..i use a 4gig USB stick fully loaded with metal  ;D ..really relaxes me  :lol:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 12, 2022, 06:32:09 PM
Your most welcome matey   ;D
Time wise if ya manage to hit say Drury at around 10am your gonna have a pretty smooth ride..its not bad now around that time and as for leaving..the earlier the better..after 3pm it turns into a freaking nightmare..no kidding it has taken me on a occasion over an hr to travel 10kms .
As for tunes..i use a 4gig USB stick fully loaded with metal  ;D ..really relaxes me  :lol:

I'm old school and use CDs... ;) Still, when I need to change one, it gives me a good excuse to stop and have a bite to waken up again.

I usually reach Drury/Papakura about ten, and that's where I have accommodation, so no having to navigate Auk at Peak Times...  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 13, 2022, 08:44:49 AM
This is Phill;  :P

https://www.youtube.com/embed/d1Sgp7QOpdo

:wacko:

Hahahahaha oh you absolutely nailed that Guy  ;D ;D and yip thats me all right  :lol:

Rick your timing is pretty good..10am is the sweet spot..work traffic is gone and nobody is going yet.
When i head to AK i normally get off at Drury and cruise to Mt Wellington to Hobbycity as they open at 9.30 ..traffic is pretty good then too.
Cd's??? Ya know ive heard of those somewhere..think it was on the history channel ..yeah it was..they were talking about anicent technology  :lol: :lol:
Oh i cant give you any crap there ..ive still got some myself ..honestly I dont know where they are  ;D
The USB makes life so good..ive got like 60 CD's on this one stick.