Main Menu

M88A3-1

Started by Wardukw, May 07, 2022, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Cheers Doggy dude  ;D..nope not your sort of ride ..yours is more like a  thing with spinning things on them  :lol: but much appreciated none the less matey   ;D
Gonna do something weird with a Swedish S tank next  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 04, 2022, 12:20:09 PM

Ohhh Guy mate if ya work on modern cars then we've all done that or having to remove almost the entire right front suspension on a Honda Integra to take the gearbox out...or having drop the motor or remove the ABS pump on a old Toyota RAV4 to change the water pump..oh cars are great  :o

Hell yes, my Dad's Citroen GS had a handbrake on the FRONT wheels and the adjustment mechanism was between the flat four engine and the front cross member.

Which meant the engine had to be removed to adjust the handbrake!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 04, 2022, 01:34:32 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 04, 2022, 12:20:09 PM

Ohhh Guy mate if ya work on modern cars then we've all done that or having to remove almost the entire right front suspension on a Honda Integra to take the gearbox out...or having drop the motor or remove the ABS pump on a old Toyota RAV4 to change the water pump..oh cars are great  :o

Hell yes, my Dad's Citroen GS had a handbrake on the FRONT wheels and the adjustment mechanism was between the flat four engine and the front cross member.

Which meant the engine had to be removed to adjust the handbrake!  :banghead:
That alone is a good enough reason to not own a Citroen of any kind ..French cars might look cool but its absolute fact they will crap out and the ideas behind the mechanicals on alot of French cars has me wondering what the designers were smoking.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Captain Canada

Superb. Love the engineering types. Great to see all of the in progress pics. Always nice to see the way the pros roll ! Thanks for sharing.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

buzzbomb

Super, super excellent.

First class engineering and finish.

Is the name "The Deacon" a Waterworld reference ?

Wardukw

Cap'n ..buzzy  ;D thank you guys  <_<
In all honesty buzzy mate the name dont mean anything..just sounded cool and when i was thinking of a name thats what popped in first ..guess now it means this machine is the boss of the ARVs  :lol:
Im at this very moment going thru this and that for my next build..theres going to be parts from 3 MBTs just for starters..big parts..i have an idea  :wacko:

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 04, 2022, 01:45:36 PM...alot of French cars has me wondering what the designers were smoking.

Gitanes probably.

As far a armoured Winebagos go this might be why the universe made me buy that MiniArt SLA T-54 APC with the dozer blade.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Oh i do apologize Fred for making you buy a bloody good model for a very cool project  :wacko: 😈😈

zenrat

Oh i'm not blaming you mate.  I had been fighting the urge or a while (possibly seduced by the blue paint job) and weakened when I saw the version with the big red dozer blade on the front.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

Oh thats ok mate..fact i wasn't blaming myself either  :wacko:
Ive been wanting a Miniart T55 of any verison since i read about em and everything i have read makes Tamiyas T55 look like a pile of crap which in alot of ways it isn't so Miniarts must be something special for sure.
So i cant wait to hear from you on what you think..ill be most interested to find out.

Old Wombat

I looked on BNA's site & the amount of styrene that must be packed into that T-55 box is insane! :o

Tamiya kits are excellent if you want very good detail that's easy to build.

Other kits may have fantastic detail but they tend to be much more parts-heavy, fiddly, more complex to build &, often, considerably less robust.

Biggest negative in Tamiya AFV kits are the paint resistant vinyl tracks :banghead:, give me good link-&-length tracks any day :thumbsup:!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

As it's an "interior kit" there is an obscene number of sprues.  Most of the resulting detail would be invisible in a conventional tank build but as the SLA APC is sans turret more will be visible.
Unless of course I use it as the basis for an armoured Winebago in which case most of those bits go into parts boxes which is a bit of a waste.
Fred

Wardukw

Guys on the money with the info for sure..ive had like 5 Tamiya T55s and still have one i converted into a Enigma..Verlinden converison i had scored yrs back..total crap to be honest.
They are easy and yup those tracks   :o but since Miniart brought theirs outs..colour me intrigued and dont want one with a interior..ya never see any off it so whats the point and i want to do a T72 track converison on one too.

frank2056

Beautiful build, Phill! Everything came together nicely; I love the crew gear and various equipment cases.

Speaking of the Russian Antarctic tractor, sit back and enjoy this build on Twitter.