Main Menu

M88A3-1

Started by Wardukw, May 07, 2022, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Thanks guys  ;D.
Dizzy your bang on there matey...that Leo 1 ARV was the inspiration for this build...always loved the layout and the fact i like cranes aswell  <_<
As for models of the Leo1 ARV ..yup there out there but way back the only one was resin and way to expensive..now ya can buy plastic 35th scale kits of this machine and yup..to pricey so i went where i went  ;D
Frank i have a couple of those from some old Stryker kits and i did look at mounting one but it looked terrible mate..it stood to tall and honestly i couldnt find a place to put it  :lol: so i went with the turret .
Cheers Chris  ;D...should be able to throw some paint at this later this week..gotta got to Auckland tomorrow and im stopping  at my LDLHS ( Long Distance Local Hobby Shop ) bout 150ks from me   :o  ;D
Thanks Kerick bud.. thats what im hoping too...missing things annoys me..spending ages looking at pics payed off ..me thinks  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

More kudos coming your way.

Love everything about it.

Wardukw

;D Buzzy mate ..tomorrow ill get the right paint i need for this..the weekend should be painting day but if im lucky it'll be sooner  <_<
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Well boys here it is in all its glory so to speck ,,,im happy with it and not happy with it at the same time ...i guess its the paint..i hate sand coloured paint jobs and i think it shows with this ..well to my eyes anyway ...but it it is none the less  ;D
Heres the M88 in its first stage of painting and a wee bit of a pin wash.
DSCF3470 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3471 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3472 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3473 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
And now some crew gear all painted and ready to be installed on the model.
DSCF3479 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
All done  <_<
DSCF3480 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3481 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3482 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3483 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3484 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3486 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3487 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3490 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3492 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3493 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Kerick mate my build process is rather simple really ...come up with and idea and then try to figure out how to build it ...theres alot of thinking and looking and a wee bit more thinking after that but most times i will come up with the ideas or mods when im building the model ,,something will just pop into my head and it will ether look good or crap but i dont know until i try it out ..most times it works out ok ,,,,,,or it dont and i find a better idea which works even better  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Way cool, a great build!  :thumbsup:  :wub:

Steel Penguin

a right proper job.  :thumbsup:
looks real, and has the heft of an engineers vehicle.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

So VERY realistic looking!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Thanks guys  ;D..im already thinking of another chunk of armour to go with the beast and ive already changed the plan 4 times   :o
Glad you blokes liked this thing and im glad it ending up looking like a real design  .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 04, 2022, 02:47:35 AM

....and im glad it ending up looking like a real design  .

You mean it ISN'T?  :o

Cor, wow, etc.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Bee's knees mate  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I've long wanted to build a tracked armoured mobile home.  This is giving me serious inspiration.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

An engineer's engineer's vehicle*, if ever I saw one, Phill! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Flippin' brilliant! Colour, layout, equipment, the Lot! :bow: :bow:

[*: I mean proper, working engineer, not one of those prats who designs cars where you need to remove the battery & the radiator to change a bloody headlight globe!]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Thank you my honoured colleagues  ;D  ;D
Fred mate ya know the russians did that same thing for extreme cold weather exploration ? .
Bloody huge mother of vehicles and sitting on what looks to me like a stretched T55 hull with early road wheels...i would love to see your idea for one  :wacko:

Kit this thing was never a real design anywhere..the proper ARV/AEVs which look like this are alot lower ..the US did a prototype on a early Abrams hull and that went no where ..it was the US's verison of machines the Germans had already had in service for yrs .

Ohhh Guy mate if ya work on modern cars then we've all done that or having to remove almost the entire right front suspension on a Honda Integra to take the gearbox out...or having drop the motor or remove the ABS pump on a old Toyota RAV4 to change the water pump..oh cars are great  :o

DogfighterZen

Wow... not my type of ride but that is amazing work!! :bow: :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"