Main Menu

M88A3-1

Started by Wardukw, May 07, 2022, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Yup Franky thats the bugger i had seen..he mentioned the extended chassis which i think i forgot to mention ..would be a pretty serious build as you'd need either 2 complete chassis's or 4 extra wheels and suspension arms or do what id do..I'd just join them both together and make it extra long  :wacko:
It is wiffy world after all  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

While doing some stash shuffling I photographed the contents of a 1/35 Miniart SLA T54 with Dozer Blade.
I included scale reference Lego Riot Cop.

SLA T-54 with Dozer 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

A box filling block of sprues packed in a single bag.  One could glue together 10 fo these and make a pretty close approximation to a Borg cube.

SLA T-54 with Dozer 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

When I open a box and see this amount of plastic I can't not build all the detail.  But I probably wouldn't do it more than once.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Strewth, that must weigh a fair amount too!  :o

Was it expensive, as it's a HECK of a lot of plastic in the box?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It was reduced to a price which I deemed acceptable.  As I said, I had been tempted by these for a while but had been resisting.  The dozer blade version made it much more tempting and then when BNA dropped the price...

TBH I can't remember exactly how much it was but it wouldn't have been expensive (although that is subjective).

SLA APC T-54 with Dozer Blade 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Not many more things that are more subjective than price.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, that's a SERIOUS dozer blade!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Fred just think that your bloody lucky that donesnt have a turret  :lol:
I just looked up a price here for a Miniart T-55 and its $98.00 nz and here thats not a bad price when you consider that Tamiyas ancient M1A2 Abarms is still over $80..i wouls say its pretty good value for money really.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Even at its generic 9%-off price (standard BNA for non-new releases), it's a fairly decent price for the amount of plastic.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Many many yrs ago i built a Dargon Hunting Tiger with Porsche suspension and there was over 600 parts just for the track's so im not affraid of huge parts counts but ill admit its been awhile since I've done that   ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 10, 2022, 01:31:28 PM
Many many yrs ago i built a Dargon Hunting Tiger with Porsche suspension and there was over 600 parts just for the track's so im not affraid of huge parts counts but ill admit its been awhile since I've done that   ;D

If I ever built a kit like that (and I've been tempted in the past) I'd wait until my local Scouts "Bob a Job Week"  ;) :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Thats the thing Chris as a dedicated armour builder for so many yrs kits with large parts counts are nothing new and ya just get used to it.
Ive got a Bronco Archer ..thats got over 1000 pts all up and one day im gonna build that but since i cant afford expensive kits anymore im going to save it for a rainy day  ;D
The Legend full resin MAXPRO MRAP i got given will be saved for a very rainy day..the price will make ya butt pucker .
I think this kit scared the dude who gave it to me ..he had plenty of money but bugger all skill.

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 11, 2022, 01:13:40 AM

I think this kit scared the dude who gave it to me ..he had plenty of money but bugger all skill.

Possibly, but then at least he had a bit of common sense  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 13, 2022, 07:07:08 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 11, 2022, 01:13:40 AM

Possibly, but then at least he had a bit of common sense  :thumbsup:
Well yeah i guess so but if he had alot of common sense he'd not brought the Legend kit and waited and brought the plastic instead but then we fall into the area of patience which he again had bugger all off and i scored a extremely expensive model..i do wonder how much these things are now..im gonna look   ;D

Wardukw

Ok this model is gonna get kept for a extremely rainy day..price at the mo is based on a Canadian price i could find which was CAN $249.60 .. which is about $303 NZ   :o

zenrat

Is that all?
;D
I've long lusted after the Kit Form Services resin and PE fully detailed 1/24 Stalwart.  A mere 250 English Pounds.  That's about $AU 500.

And then there is the Model Factory Hiro 1/9 Vincent Black Shadow.  A multimedia motorcycle kit which if I ever did manage to get hold of i'd be scared to build in case I screwed it up.  $624.99 from HLJ.

Fred