Lockheederican XP-3851A & B (or C) finished pages 3 & 4

Started by Tophe, May 09, 2022, 01:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Those are some pretty cool ideas Tophe mate and its a shame that plane didnt get made but thats the way of the world..i do wonder sometimes just how great and very cool ideas  dudes came up with that never got past the drawing board's.
Strange thing is i think theres been more WW2 what if aircraft designed in modern times than there where in WW2  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on May 28, 2022, 11:08:22 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 28, 2022, 10:23:37 PM
triple engined fighter looks brilliant
if I remember well. But not easy to find it again. I am almost sure I made a fake from it, but I don't remember if the source had a single fuselage and I made a zwilling with 5 or 6 engines, or if it was already a twin-boomer and I made a 4-engined derivative. :unsure:
Now that the source IMAM Ro.67 is found, I have checked my twin-boom whif site to check what I've done, and the answer is: nothing about this one! Why? Anyway, I wanted to do it now, and - doing it - I understand what happened:
- as the source was not a twin-boomer, the normal way was making a zwilling (like P-82, or else, if problem: a pod-and-booms plane like P-38)
- there are asymmetric roundels and a mirror copy for a zwilling would require a second mirror copy on the roundels but then these one would not fit in the complex camouflage. The shadow would also be weird as light would come from opposite directions.
- without zwilling, making a pod-and-twin-booms plane is not easy as well because of the complex shadow on the colorful source, so a "tones of grey" would ease the making (probably I did not think of this solution years ago, so I gave up the project of making it). I do it now:

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/imam-ro67z.jpg
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here is the second possibility of building (AC, after showing AB before showing BC)
giving either 4 models or 3: <_<

Wardukw

Nope..still love A Tophe  ;D but heres the kicker..right now it seems that a 1/48th scale P51D Mustang model of any brand does not exist in NZ ..ive looked and the only one available is the bird cage version which i dont want..its bloody annoying bud.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

I understand your problem, poor kiwi...

On my froggy side, I am waiting father's day to start.
Here is the BC final combination, without A sorry, I have not decided yet which combination will be built (AB or AC or BC):

= link https://i.imgur.com/IVLBj1c.jpg

Wardukw

B is working for me Tophe mate ..looks pretty cool in fact  ;D

Tophe

Well, I received positive comments on A and B, which are the 2 symmetric possibilities I have selected, while... personally I love asymmetric weird layout in aircraft, and I think I may complete C with a bunch of 3 other asymmetric ones, D-E-F, at least... I will see, as there are still 11 days to wait before starting to build. I may draw more... ;)

Tophe

Well, 2 asymmetric new ones (D,E) and 1 symmetric new one (F): ;)

Tophe

Those 3 new combinations provide 3 new groups of remaining parts: :unsure:

Tophe

The last one above cannot be an aircraft by itself it seems but the 2 first ones can: <_<

:unsure: Why such asymmetric aircraft were designed??? This seems crazy, but the whole history of their creation explains it all... ;)

PR19_Kit

I do like the last one, 'Rest of E'.  ;D

Just what you could build from your spares box after a heavy whiffing session.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I've been trying to figure out something similar to Rest of E from a Hasegawa Lightning but i'm having a problem fitting a pilot, turbo with plumbing, and an undercarriage leg into it.

Backstory may or may not bear a similarity to the plot of Flight of the Phoenix.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Thanks for your comments, both of you.

Quote from: zenrat on June 13, 2022, 04:32:13 AM
I've been trying to figure out something similar to Rest of E from a Hasegawa Lightning but i'm having a problem fitting a pilot, turbo with plumbing, and an undercarriage leg into it.
Backstory may or may not bear a similarity to the plot of Flight of the Phoenix.
I understand your problem, zenrat: you are still too much realist, which brings many problems to be credible. As far as I am concerned, I don't care much about credibility, realism, I assume to be a dreamer. A pilot? no need... An undercarriage? no need... A weight balance? no need... This is what-if spirit somehow: what-if there was no realist need to fly? ;)
Furthermore, my models are not flying machines but decoration objects, impossible to fly ? yes, no need... It would have been more simple to have this spirit in the film "flight of the Phoenix", the heroes would have simply stayed where they were, without going back to civilisation... ;)

Tophe

Three other possible combinations, 1 symmetric then 2 asymmetric: <_<

Wardukw

Fred..rest of e...rail launched flying bomb ..building a rail system aint hard and a dolly for the bomb to sit on..nice  :thumbsup: