1/72 Revell Sunseeker Predator Yacht

Started by Madhatter, May 16, 2022, 01:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madhatter

hey everyone

As I have finished all my side projects that had been hanging around for ages, it's sad to say that I am not going to be bringing out the Star Destroyer now to keep working on. This is mostly because of my impending move inter-state at the end of this year, and it's easier for me to transport it in the current state its in rather than finished. So this leaves me with nothing else to do really other than start sorting my crap out before the move. The other night, I was going through my "stash" I spied a rather sorry looking box, so I pulled it out and was pleased to see this very sleek looking yacht that I had acquired ages ago and forgot all about it. The box is in such sorry state I doubt you could call it a box anymore as none of the sides are standing up /lying straight let alone at right angles.

Seeing as the box wont survive a move like this, may as well build it right?

I dry fit it last night just to see how big etc:

so yeah, not small! I think I'll light this one because its just made for such things. I have some ideas on the inside and as for a paint job - well, I'm thinking of a couple of ideas: Ferrari Red and black with metal highlights, metallic blue and dark grey with maybe white highlights or go in the total opposite direction with matte black all over with red lighting to make it a luxury pirate ship. I'm leaning toward the red but am open to suggestions
Anyways, that's all I have
See you all soon

McColm

Wow! Dazzle Ships paint scheme might be appropriate.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: McColm on May 16, 2022, 01:40:18 AM
Wow! Dazzle Ships paint scheme might be appropriate.  :thumbsup:

Weirdly, I actually agree with that! ;D

Where you moving to, mate? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Madhatter

Queensland. Not overly excited about it though. Moving for family reasons - not because I want to. Means this year will be my last attendance @ Expo for a few years. I'm presenting another lighting demo on Saturday, so if your there, come say hi. I don't bite

In regards to the paint scheme, I am entertaining the thought of matte black with red skull and cross bones as a stencil along the side but that may seem a tad cheap for the vessel itself. It's also kind of been done before IRL with "Black Legend"

https://photos.inautia.com/barcosOcasion/9/4/6/9/sunseeker-101-sport-yacht-28509090171054655366506865494548x.jpg

I am still leaning mostly to red with black sweeping accents - mostly because I haven't seen one yet. I mean, you hardly see these kits being built let alone a red one  :wacko: It'll look pretty cool if it comes out as envisioned
Most of the ones I've seen in Google are glossy black with metal coloured upper superstructure or white  or what have you. Very common.

I've made a start on opening the windows in the hull etc ready for lighting. I'm going to install the lighting to the roof for the proper effect. Wish me luck!

perttime

Crimson Skies on the water? Crimson Waters?

Madhatter

philp

Looking forward to seeing what you decide.
I have one in the stash and am thinking either an armed fast attack boat, the one from the Bond movie or just as kitted with some crew and passengers enjoying the sun.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Old Wombat

Is Expo this weekend? :unsure:

Bugger, there's another I'm going to miss! :banghead:

Madhatter

Quote from: philp on May 16, 2022, 07:51:10 AM
I have one in the stash and am thinking either an armed fast attack boat, the one from the Bond movie or just as kitted with some crew and passengers enjoying the sun.

The scene from Bond sounds like all 3 options in one  ;D

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 17, 2022, 12:51:38 AM

Nah, its on the weekend after queens birthday

zenrat

Quote from: Madhatter on May 17, 2022, 02:29:23 AM
Quote from: philp on May 16, 2022, 07:51:10 AM

The scene from Bond sounds like all 3 options in one  ;D

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 17, 2022, 12:51:38 AM

Nah, its on the weekend after queens birthday

17th, 18th, 19th June.  Models can be entered from the evening of Thursday 16th.  Swamp & Smell is on Sunday 19th.
I'll probly be there all day Sunday.

As far as the model goes I think Mac has the best idea - dazzle ship it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

As I've done no pre-planning, it's extremely unlikely I'll get over to Melbourne by then, either.

Be a pity not to see you all but, maybe, next year or 2024 (unfortunately missing Mr Madhatter).

In 2025 it's my cautious hope to travel to NSW to visit the re-modelled AWM (my only visit was a whistle-stop in June 1982) & Nowra, & my mate Neil (FAAMAN over on BtS & elsewhere) in Sydney.

nighthunter

I'd get a 1/72 PT boat and scrounge the weapons from it :wacko:
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

kitnut617

Like Lewis Hamilton's Challenger he had maybe?

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Madhatter

Pretty much like the challenger  :thumbsup: I have the base colour coat down and drying on the hull already

Madhatter

Hey everyone

Well, got some paint down over the past couple of days and I am really happy with how its coming out. It's not had a gloss coat yet and so the red is dull, but once it goes on, it'll look so much better. Ignore the unfinished back end - especially the stairs - lots of fix up work to do there.

I feel like it needs a black stripe of sorts running along the side from the front, sweeping high then back down toward the rear. Or something like that.

I have done other stuff as well, like build the engines which I am in the process of painting and constructed the top shell, as well as drill out the instrument panels ready to light.

Come to think of it, I've actually done quite a bit but nothing worth taking pics of yet.

Tell me what you think - good or indifferent etc

Thanks for looking in

Si