1/72 Revell Sunseeker Predator Yacht

Started by Madhatter, May 16, 2022, 01:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madhatter

The only issue I have with that is I do not have enough paint to redo the entire hull. This maybe a good sign to strip back as I also want to try and fix the really super obvious sink marks that had alluded me until the paint went on and, by which stage, was to late to do anything about it. Maybe its a sign.... :angel:
So, if that's what I end up having to do, that leaves me to the question of what colour to do it in next? Should I keep it Red except use Mica red instead of the red that I used before (Zero paints) or change it entirely to something like blue and silver? God I hate options sometimes

Old Wombat

The Mica Red looks like a pretty good option, to me; that & Jet Black. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

Quote from: Madhatter on June 03, 2022, 08:33:40 PM
Thanks guys  :thumbsup:
Jon, I've seen pics of what they are but what Revell have supplied are just normal looking props and nothing really like your picture. Apparently,  those drives are meant to be like the bees knees of private marine propulsion.
Different types of propellers are available for the Arneson drives, which one is used depends on several factors including vessel type, installed power, use etc.

Some of the propellers look like ordinary propellers, the ones in the photo are
of the more extreme performance type.

jcf

Delving further into the props a bigger issue is that they only have 5 blades, the Predator 108 has 6-bladed props.

You could fake a 5-blade surface-piercing by clipping the leading edge of the kit props:

zenrat

Quote from: Madhatter on June 17, 2022, 06:29:21 AM
The only issue I have with that is I do not have enough paint to redo the entire hull. This maybe a good sign to strip back as I also want to try and fix the really super obvious sink marks that had alluded me until the paint went on and, by which stage, was to late to do anything about it. Maybe its a sign.... :angel:
So, if that's what I end up having to do, that leaves me to the question of what colour to do it in next? Should I keep it Red except use Mica red instead of the red that I used before (Zero paints) or change it entirely to something like blue and silver? God I hate options sometimes

Sometimes another coat of clear (sprayed in non humid conditions) over the affected area will make the clouding disappear.  This might sound like potentially adding to your problems but it can work and if you are going to strip it anyway...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..