One Week Build 2022 General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, May 19, 2022, 05:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Just to re-iterate cutting out and cleaning up of the parts is ok, but no modification of parts.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Now I'm confused, and running out of time............

Can I or can I not saw some of the parts into smaller bits? That sounds like 'cutting out' to me...........  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2022, 07:56:53 AM
Just to re-iterate cutting out and cleaning up of the parts is ok, but no modification of parts.

Should it not be that "Parts can be removed from the Sprue/Tree/Runner and cleaned up but no aditional work can be carried out on any part"?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on June 08, 2022, 10:43:59 AM

Should it not be that "Parts can be removed from the Sprue/Tree/Runner and cleaned up but no aditional work can be carried out on any part"?

Gondor

Have only within the last half hour suggested similar words, Gondor.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on June 08, 2022, 10:43:59 AM

Gondor

In future they will do, providing I can remember, but in fairness to me the existing rules have sufficed in the past without any problems ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 09, 2022, 12:01:59 AM

In future they will do, providing I can remember, but in fairness to me the existing rules have sufficed in the past without any problems ?

Until I came up with my tricky question about sawing bits off.............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 09, 2022, 03:10:46 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 09, 2022, 12:01:59 AM

Until I came up with my tricky question about sawing bits off.............

I suppose it's the difference between sawing bits 'off'  = removal from sprues and removing lugs etc and sawing bits 'up' which I get the impression is the area that Kit was straying into ? (removing part of the wing or fuselage that he wasn't going to need?)
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 08, 2022, 08:22:47 AM
Now I'm confused, and running out of time............

Can I or can I not saw some of the parts into smaller bits? That sounds like 'cutting out' to me...........  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Have sent a PM, Kit.  Chris aware.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

I've got a couple of ideas for this which will involve either an early Hurricane or Spitfire, but time is going to be the problem as I've a pretty packed week coming up. Still it might be the push I need to get me out of my current inertia.

PR19_Kit

OK, sorted now thanks.

NO sawing has taken place.

Yet...............  ;D

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

SWMBO has announced that she has friends in Charleston, SC and Cleveland OH having get togethers this weekend and would like to attend both.  She has kindly asked if I'd like to go as she flies to CHS tomorrow after work and then to CLE on Sunday morning and return home on Monday. 

She has also kindly noted that I don't know any of these people so if I'd rather stay home all weekend she understands completely. 

Sounds like a quiet weekend of almost no commitments for me!!  Night Owl that I am, I'll likely be up waiting for the clock to strike midnight tomorrow to get an hour or so done on my build. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

I bought another Modelcraft 1/200 Spruce Goose today when I was working in Windsor, ON. I'm thinking a turbine engined US Marines bird. Two gray, maybe white, and some orange tabs. Late Korean War.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

PR19_Kit

Not before time either.  ;D

First saw cut goes down at midnight............ or just past it anyway.

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

So does anyone else meticulously plan out their build for weeks, and then with 12 hours to go start considering a totally different project?  :banghead:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....